The Student Room Group

Who is this VS advert meant to appeal to?

Directed by the same guy who did Transformers, a metal-rock backing track, explosions and big machinary, a James Bond-esque setting, and of course, lots of leggy models in shiny underwear.

Men or women? It seems like it's just an amalgamation of every male fantasy, but don't women make up most of the lingerie-buying market?

NB: You don't have to answer any of this, you are entitled to simply appreciate the advert.
Reply 1
milesofsea
It seems like it's just an amalgamation of every male fantasy, but don't women make up most of the lingerie-buying market

Woman buy based on a criteria defined by the opposite sex.
Reply 2
Rosie Huntington Whiteley :drool:
If it were to be shown in the UK someone like DanielNewton will probably complain to the ASA and it will be banned because it is sexist :colonhash:

:D

Reply 4
i would guess that men make up the majority of lingerie buyers in the christmas period.
so there you go :smile:
Whoever filmed/directed this, did a pretty good damn job :yy: I'm tempted already.:gah:
Reply 6
Wow.

At both videos.
Reply 7
time.to.dance
Whoever filmed/directed this, did a pretty good damn job :yy: I'm tempted already.:gah:

Michael Bay, directed Transformers. Hardly a surprise cake lol.

I personally would be more tempted with an advert like this than some silly frilly, girlish type of thing fronted by some fake celebrity, indeed. But I thought that was just me.
Reply 8
it definately appeals to me. :drool:

edit: however, i still wouldn buy the product though.
Both? Men as a gift, and what woman wouldn't want to look like that? The advert is so cool. :coma:
Reply 10
MSB
Woman buy based on a criteria defined by the opposite sex.

Really? :colonhash:

Gladiator sandals, leggings, Uggs, harem pants, massive bags, Spanx...a few fashion trends off the top of my head that have dominated (for a while), and many men find them frankly repulsive. Oh, 'jeggings' I guess too.

I think a lot of women buy based on celebrity/catwalk criteria more often that what actually makes them look attractive. Nothing else can explain harem pants.
Reply 11
TheTallOne
If it were to be shown in the UK someone like DanielNewton will probably complain to the ASA and it will be banned because it is sexist :colonhash:

:rofl: True, that.
milesofsea
Michael Bay, directed Transformers. Hardly a surprise cake lol.

I personally would be more tempted with an advert like this than some silly frilly, girlish type of thing fronted by some fake celebrity, indeed. But I thought that was just me.

:yes: so true, the feeling of power and domination that it links to is :coma:
TheTallOne

:D

I disagree. Seriously, whats with this crap. You don't really know what would happen intill they air it here, if they plan to do it. Most of the people who complain about stuff like this i.e. PC argument are normally wrong.

Adverts get banned in US. For example, a Peta advert which was deemed to sexy was banned from being shown on super bowl ads.
Simplicity
I disagree. Seriously, whats with this crap. You don't really know what would happen intill they air it here, if they plan to do it. Most of the people who complain about stuff like this i.e. PC argument are normally wrong.

Adverts get banned in US. For example, a Peta advert which was deemed to sexy was banned from being shown on super bowl ads.

It doesn't matter if they are wrong. If enough people complain it will make the news and they may stop broadcasting it regardless. For example, see the M&S advert.

And this advert here has 90 seconds of girls in lingerie compared to the 5 seconds in the M&S advert.
TheTallOne
It doesn't matter if they are wrong. If enough people complain it will make the news and they may stop broadcasting it regardless. For example, see the M&S advert.

And this advert here has 90 seconds of girls in lingerie compared to the 5 seconds in the M&S advert.

The people who are likely to complain about that advert are the same poeple who are likely to complain about PC whilst reading the daily mail.

The same thing.

P.S. Actually the most complained advert was of people eating chicken whilst talking.
Reply 16
"If you buy our product, you will look like the girls in this advert and thus appeal to men".

There we go.

Latest

Trending

Trending