The Student Room Group

nyone else lost their flat/room/hall keys already

This is not an "advice to find my keys" thread - this is a thread where anyone who has lost their keys will be able to share their experiences - according to the security guard who let me back in to my flat that night, it is a very common thing to happen.

So I started at Bradford Uni in September and went out Friday night to Crystal Club, I stayed in there all night to 4am. I know I took my keys in there as a photo of me was taken just after I got in and I had them on a neckchain - but later in the night I found that they had disappeared (probably after some violent and drunken headbashing, the plastic clip to clip the neckchain on had come undone).

The staff there have searched thoroughly 3 times since and still found nothing - so i must presume that some other drunkard had picked them up and messed about with them (I'm hoping not in any sexual way) - which means that they could be in one of the bottle recylcing bins in that club - which means that I can't get them back if they are in one of them or that they are in another club (4 others in Bradford) if they went on to another club afterwards or that they have been handed in to some University department or are at the wrong accommodation's reception area (as all the keys and entrance cards themselves look the same) if the drunk person that probably picked them up took them home and found them the next day, not knowing whose they were and handed them in at one of the Uni's lost property offices. (That must be the world's longest sentence!)

Scroll to see replies

you keep keys on a chain around your neck? :s-smilie:
Nope, but I've locked myself out. Had to wake up the resident tutor at about 3am.
I know someone who lost their keys on the very first day. They'd finished putting their stuff in their room and went to say goodbye to their parents...and left the keys in their car! One 4 hour journey later, their mum rang them to say they had them, but wouldn't drive all the way back so they had to wait until they went home for a weekend to get their original set back.
Reply 4
Sabertooth
you keep keys on a chain around your neck? :s-smilie:

It's not literally *a chain*, it's made of some synthetic fibre - those things that are usually freebies at fresher's Fair's that are like necklaces but not necklaces and usually have company names or websites or whatever printed on them - such as mine had www.apple.com printed on it
Reply 5
PhoenixFortune
I know someone who lost their keys on the very first day. They'd finished putting their stuff in their room and went to say goodbye to their parents...and left the keys in their car! One 4 hour journey later, their mum rang them to say they had them, but wouldn't drive all the way back so they had to wait until they went home for a weekend to get their original set back.

Couldn't they have just posted them?
AidanLunn
Couldn't they have just posted them?

She said that when she told the hall manager that her parents had the keys at home, he told her that they can't post them for 'security reasons'. Probably they were just trying to prevent them getting lost in the post.
yep, lost them in the union night before halloween.

ended up shelling out 40 quid for a new set. bad times.
I lose them several times a day. Within two minutes of finding them sometimes.
Reply 9
Twice! On my third set now
Ours are £45 to replace, or free if they were stolen and we get a crime number from the police, I've not lost mine, use a carabiner and clip them onto a belt hook then put them in my pocket.
AidanLunn
This is not an "advice to find my keys" thread - this is a thread where anyone who has lost their keys will be able to share their experiences - according to the security guard who let me back in to my flat that night, it is a very common thing to happen.

So I started at Bradford Uni in September and went out Friday night to Crystal Club, I stayed in there all night to 4am. I know I took my keys in there as a photo of me was taken just after I got in and I had them on a neckchain - but later in the night I found that they had disappeared (probably after some violent and drunken headbashing, the plastic clip to clip the neckchain on had come undone).

The staff there have searched thoroughly 3 times since and still found nothing - so i must presume that some other drunkard had picked them up and messed about with them (I'm hoping not in any sexual way) - which means that they could be in one of the bottle recylcing bins in that club - which means that I can't get them back if they are in one of them or that they are in another club (4 others in Bradford) if they went on to another club afterwards or that they have been handed in to some University department or are at the wrong accommodation's reception area (as all the keys and entrance cards themselves look the same) if the drunk person that probably picked them up took them home and found them the next day, not knowing whose they were and handed them in at one of the Uni's lost property offices. (That must be the world's longest sentence!)

I lost mine for Arkwright and had to pay £50 to get another one,as I lost the fob as well. But luckily someone handed it in, and I got my key and money back.
Reply 12
Nasher and Basher
I lost mine for Arkwright and had to pay £50 to get another one,as I lost the fob as well. But luckily someone handed it in, and I got my key and money back.

Is that Arkwright Halls at Bradford Uni?

I'm in the tatty Dennis Bellamy halls :smile:
AidanLunn
Is that Arkwright Halls at Bradford Uni?

I'm in the tatty Dennis Bellamy halls :smile:

Yeah, Arkwright Halls its ok, except for all the stupid fire alarms. Now when the alarms go off, no one tends to leave the building.

Did you find your keys ?
Reply 14
Nasher and Basher
Yeah, Arkwright Halls its ok, except for all the stupid fire alarms. Now when the alarms go off, no one tends to leave the building.

Did you find your keys ?

No I didn't and had to shell out £55 for a new set of keys and an entry card.

I do have a few friends in Arkwright.

You know Naomi Neilson or Lindsey lake?
AidanLunn
No I didn't and had to shell out £55 for a new set of keys and an entry card.

I do have a few friends in Arkwright.

You know Naomi Neilson or Lindsey lake?

Sadly no, Im in A block.
Haven't lost them yet so far, *touchwood* but have locked them in my room multiple times.
Reply 17
Haha, I visited my friend at Nottingham Trent and he lost his keys five times over one weekend.

Dude needs some bigger pockets.
Reply 18
I don't know anyone here who's actually lost their keys. A few have gone close though, including me. I was drunk but my mate left herself in and left them and my phone on the desk, then explained the next day as I couldn't remember anything!

Then the other day she lost her keys, but appears to have them now, so I don't know what happened there
Zack
I don't know anyone here who's actually lost their keys. A few have gone close though, including me. I was drunk but my mate left herself in and left them and my phone on the desk, then explained the next day as I couldn't remember anything!

Then the other day she lost her keys, but appears to have them now, so I don't know what happened there

Reading your sig, where in the West Country are you from? :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending