The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
good for the winter!
Reply 21
desktop is way too noisy if you'd like to leave it on downloading stuff over night.
Reply 22
Why not take both :wtf?:? </compsci-ness>

When I packed up and left Cam for the last time I took 5 computers and two CRTs home with me, I've completely filled my room at home with uni junk! Admittedly though, only three were running constantly in my room.

A.
Reply 23
Camford
desktop is way too noisy if you'd like to leave it on downloading stuff over night.
You can get some desktops that are really quiet unless you're doing something processor intensive (like encoding video :rolleyes: ). My girlfriend's barely made a noise at all.
Reply 24
TakemetoAvalon
Laptop, because you can walk around with it under your arm and look the part (might go well with a leather trench?)

"looking the part" doesn't generally involve a laptop :p: It's more about college scarves, boatie stash, a slightly vacant expression as if you're concerned with much higher things than the mundanity of reality.

If you already have a desktop, I'd bring it rather than forking out on a laptop. Mine is wonderful, it's incredibly quiet and has no noticeable effect on heat in the room. My friend's laptop, meanwhile, sounds like it's about to take off and generates a ridiculous amount of heat.
Reply 25
Alaric
Why not take both :wtf?:? </compsci-ness>

When I packed up and left Cam for the last time I took 5 computers and two CRTs home with me, I've completely filled my room at home with uni junk! Admittedly though, only three were running constantly in my room.

A.

Imagine no one in your family is a qualified driver...

Latest

Trending

Trending