The Student Room Group

"Soldiers deserve footballers wages!"

The grammatical error in the title is merely the title of the facebook group, as written (you didn't expect the person who started it to be intelligent, did you?!)

Obviously, this is just one of many mindless, right wing groups dotted around facebook (see also: "KILL *name* FOR WOT 'E DID TO DAT KID, TORTURE AND KILL HIM " ). Anyway, it is, of course, like all these groups, representative of a small portion of society who actually believe that soldiers are heroes.

They aren't. They're murderers, paid mercenaries who CHOOSE (yes, that's right kids, conscription doesn't exist in the UK anymore) to sign up, knowing full well (even the really, really stupid ones) that they may "have" to kill another human being. I say "have" because, again, they have the choice NOT to join the armed forces.

Oh, and by the way - it's not self defence if you invaded their country in the first place, moron.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=205421148593

I'm guessing there will be certain members of TSR who agree with this group, and sure, go ahead, support the murderers. You're doing your bit for the country, you patriot, you!

Scroll to see replies

I agree (with you, not the group).
Reply 2
Britain needs an Army, and soldiers are a part of that Army.
Reply 3
I don't think the facebook group was a serious suggestion, just an over-exageration to show thanks to the army.
Reply 4
Anyway, soldiers should never question the politics (apart from in their own mind).
Reply 5
The majority of people who join the army are the ones that slacked of school and have no other options..
I agrere with the group, but I also see where yoi are coming from. I have heard of some sildiers getting excited about going out and killing others, and some evern being rather racist towards the country of which they are fighting in. That attitude isn't going to help anything if your there to gain peace in the country. the UK

Also, think of the ratio of footballers on high wages (so those who play for Premiership/Championship teams) to soldiers who serve the UK. The ratio of soldiers is so much higher. Now I'd like the makers of that group where we are going to get the money from to pay them such wages, when it is the football clubs who use their own money to pay footballers wages?

In theory it is a nice idea though.
footballers wages are a bit low
kevin_123
The majority of people who join the army are the ones that slacked of school and have no other options..

a nice and informed opinion there, lol.
Almost anyone can become a solider whereas hardly anyone can become a professional football.
Reply 10
They may be murderers but those murderers are there to protect your rights, your country and your life if the need arises. They risk their lives for low pay just so you have the right to say what you think, regardless of your accuracy.
kevin_123

This.
Your a strange one you are :/
Reply 13
Thank you army for killing a bunch of innocent people. Thank you soldiers for starting groups like "if u wana live in england den spk english!!!!" then go on to talk about how much like to shoot at "Sand ******". Oh and the physical and mental abuse of innocent people for ***** and giggles. That's nice. As far as i am concerned no one deserves footballers wages, not even the soldiers who aren't complete bastards.
Reply 14
punktopia
The grammatical error in the title is merely the title of the facebook group, as written (you didn't expect the person who started it to be intelligent, did you?!)

Obviously, this is just one of many mindless, right wing groups dotted around facebook (see also: "KILL *name* FOR WOT 'E DID TO DAT KID, TORTURE AND KILL HIM"). Anyway, it is, of course, like all these groups, representative of a small portion of society who actually believe that soldiers are heroes.

They aren't. They're murderers, paid mercenaries who CHOOSE (yes, that's right kids, conscription doesn't exist in the UK anymore) to sign up, knowing full well (even the really, really stupid ones) that they may "have" to kill another human being. I say "have" because, again, they have the choice NOT to join the armed forces.

Oh, and by the way - it's not self defence if you invaded their country in the first place, moron.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=205421148593

I'm guessing there will be certain members of TSR who agree with this group, and sure, go ahead, support the murderers. You're doing your bit for the country, you patriot, you!

yea i agree with u. i feel that in this day and age an army isnt necessary for britain. all this invading iraq and afghanistan is foolish, "oh lets invade a whole country because out of the thousands of people present theres a small group of terrorists". by sending soldiers in its 1. making things worse 2.unnecessary expense 3. the soliders in iraq and afghanistan arent protecting the people, their destroying the local people's lives.

but if a situation did ever arise example: a country declared war against UK, then id say soliders are necessary and should be paid alot. but i think the amount footballers get paid is RIDICULOUS! doctors and surgeons, who save ppl's lives, should be getting paid that. not rooney 4 kicking a ball around
Reply 15
punktopia

Just cause everyone else is agreeing with you...

They choose to go and do a job which a lot of people couldn't do (killing someone is hardly an easy task, and the traumatic after effects of being in war are becoming more well-known) yet they still agree to do it, because they (and the people directly above them) believe it is a right and necessary thing to do.

So they go into something, knowing full well that it may leave them a jittering mess, for relatively low pay, because they believe they are protecting innocent people (as you keep saying, they aren't always intelligent enough to see both sides of this argument). It's hardly like they're a bunch of cowards.

But they don't deserve footballers' wages, but then again neither do footballers really.
Reply 17
lol - I joined that group two days ago so I could call someone a moron, then gave up.
You might as well go to the zoo and try to debate with the monkeys.

oh, and some girl said I "failed", because I said that teachers and nurses also serve their country, and if anyone's wages should be raised, it's theirs.
InvoluntarySlacker
Almost anyone can become a solider whereas hardly anyone can become a professional football.

Almost anyone can kick a ball around whereas hardly anyone can pick out targets and keep their cool in awful and deadly conditions..

It's all in the wording.

PS .. i agree that hardly anyone can become a professional football, lol
Reply 19
GlamCanyon
Britain needs an Army, and soldiers are a part of that Army.

How come?

Latest

Trending

Trending