The Student Room Group

The quest for a Law FAQ?

It was mentioned ages ago and since most of us the exams are over so anybody thinking that:

1. A Law FAQ will be a good idea to save responding to common questions regarding universities, vocational training, employment, books to read before enrolling to university, personal statements for UCAS, work experience etc?

2. If so then what content topics would you consider having in it?

3. As I've been involved in the law section hardly at all I'm in the process of catching up what has been said amongst us lawyers. :p: As such would anybody be willing to help contribute to the FAQ if it goes ahead? By getting more people involved we will have a larger FAQ and hopefully it will be more authorative.

4. A good plan might be when we're browsing this section is to copy and paste some questions with some answers given in threads into a word processing software and keep it on file, and then copy and paste into the Law FAQ.

5. If a Law FAQ is made, I will ask if it can be made a sticky and also change the location of the TSR Law Society thread to this section rather than academic help. I will also credit for people making such contributions.

6. Any suggestions please just reply. :biggrin:

7. Enjoy the summer holidays while they last!

All the best my learned friends,

TSR's Lord Chancellor.
Reply 1
Sounds like a fabulous idea.

I'm in. :smile:

Oh, and Mike's in too. :biggrin:
I am? :eek:

Ok :smile:
Reply 3
That's actually a really good idea - A tsr law faq could hopefully reduce the number of threads which will inevitably spring up asking "which universities should I apply to", "what should I put in my personal statement" etc etc. (I have a strange feeling they will dominate the board come september). :smile:

Ideas for topics:

Personal statements
Work experience
Wider reading
Interviews
University admissions (what tutors look for, although that's probably covered by the above :rolleyes: )
Academic requirements for individual universities / vague warnings (e.g. don't apply to LSE :wink: )
subject combinations
A link to emily's superb LNAT thread :smile:

and probably a couple of other topics as well.

I'ld be more than happy to help. :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah, good idea. I'd be happy to help contribute towards it :smile:
Reply 5
I'll help! Was thinking of writing an 'applying to do Law at Uni' thread after I get back from holiday and am stuck for things to do to relieve the boredom!

I think a thread with basic info would be good - increasingly people are posting who seem confused with how things work, what CPE is etc.

Anyway - I don't know much, but I'll help if you need it - just let me know.
NDGAARONDI
It was mentioned ages ago and since most of us the exams are over so anybody thinking that:

1. A Law FAQ will be a good idea to save responding to common questions regarding universities, vocational training, employment, books to read before enrolling to university, personal statements for UCAS, work experience etc?

2. If so then what content topics would you consider having in it?

3. As I've been involved in the law section hardly at all I'm in the process of catching up what has been said amongst us lawyers. :p: As such would anybody be willing to help contribute to the FAQ if it goes ahead? By getting more people involved we will have a larger FAQ and hopefully it will be more authorative.

4. A good plan might be when we're browsing this section is to copy and paste some questions with some answers given in threads into a word processing software and keep it on file, and then copy and paste into the Law FAQ.

5. If a Law FAQ is made, I will ask if it can be made a sticky and also change the location of the TSR Law Society thread to this section rather than academic help. I will also credit for people making such contributions.

6. Any suggestions please just reply. :biggrin:

7. Enjoy the summer holidays while they last!

All the best my learned friends,

TSR's Lord Chancellor.

Splendid idea. It is what i was hoping for with me "help and advice" thread...

Ill help!

Edit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t101223.html

Latest

Trending

Trending