The Student Room Group

Russian Language and Uni's

Hello everyone.
i have a question and hopefully u guys will help me out :wink:

So, few days ago i got an offer from queen mary on business management. they asked me to get 320 ucas points from 3 GCE a levels.
however i'm doing 4 a levels on my second year.
on AS, I did 5 subjects: Economics, accounting, psychology, Math and russian. then i dropped math....so now i have 4 a levels...
however i already have A in my Russian ( i did both AS and A2 in 1 year)
which means that now i have to get 2 B's from my 3 subjects (economics, accounting, psychology)
i was just wondering if it is possible for me to drop psychology right now, and just keep doing economics and accounting to get my 2 B's from those 2 subjects. because i cant see any reason of doing another 3 subjects, if i just need to get 2 more grades....
however, there is another problem. on my ucas application, it says that im doing 4 a levels, however if i drop psychology right now, is it gonna create some kind of problems for me in the future?

p.s. i come from georgia, which means that Russian isnt my first language therefore universities shoud accept it, right?
Reply 1
_R@uL_
Hello everyone.
i have a question and hopefully u guys will help me out :wink:

So, few days ago i got an offer from queen mary on business management. they asked me to get 320 ucas points from 3 GCE a levels.
however i'm doing 4 a levels on my second year.
on AS, I did 5 subjects: Economics, accounting, psychology, Math and russian. then i dropped math....so now i have 4 a levels...
however i already have A in my Russian ( i did both AS and A2 in 1 year)
which means that now i have to get 2 B's from my 3 subjects (economics, accounting, psychology)
i was just wondering if it is possible for me to drop psychology right now, and just keep doing economics and accounting to get my 2 B's from those 2 subjects. because i cant see any reason of doing another 3 subjects, if i just need to get 2 more grades....
however, there is another problem. on my ucas application, it says that im doing 4 a levels, however if i drop psychology right now, is it gonna create some kind of problems for me in the future?

p.s. i come from georgia, which means that Russian isnt my first language therefore universities shoud accept it, right?
You need to check with the university concerned whether their offer would change if you dropped psychology - they are entitled to do this if you change your mind about which exams you are going to do, even if those exams are not specifically mentioned in the offer. So email or ring them and check before making any final decisions. If you do decide to drop a subject, you must tell all your unis and UCAS.
Reply 2
what if i dont drop it but i just go on the exam and fail it?
for example if i get A's in Economics and Accounting and + i've got my A in Russian and if i get an U in psychology....would they accept me?
imagine my final A level grades would be like that:
Economics - A
Accounting - A
Russian - A
Psychology - U

my offer was 320 points from 3 gce a lavels - so this is like ABB
Reply 3
_R@uL_
what if i dont drop it but i just go on the exam and fail it?
for example if i get A's in Economics and Accounting and + i've got my A in Russian and if i get an U in psychology....would they accept me?
imagine my final A level grades would be like that:
Economics - A
Accounting - A
Russian - A
Psychology - U

my offer was 320 points from 3 gce a lavels - so this is like ABB
If they haven't specifically excluded the Russian then you would be OK - but I don't see the point in taking an exam just to fail it.
Reply 4
the point of taking exam to fail is that universities wont be able to change my offer, because u just said that if i tell them that im going to drop one of my subjects, then they might change the offer.
Reply 5
_R@uL_
the point of taking exam to fail is that universities wont be able to change my offer, because u just said that if i tell them that im going to drop one of my subjects, then they might change the offer.
I said you should check with them. Why have a failure on your slate?

Latest