The Student Room Group
Reply 1
polar_wrath11
I realise Southampton is the best ranked uni for computer science, but rankings aren't everything. Which uni is best for computer science taking into account student life, overall uni status, job prospects, how nice the CS labs are....???

Things like "student life" are incredibly subjective tbh - and tbh, employment prospects from any of the top Unis are going to be pretty similar. There's not exactly much differentiating the top Unis.
Reply 2
laser
Things like "student life" are incredibly subjective tbh - and tbh, employment prospects from any of the top Unis are going to be pretty similar. There's not exactly much differentiating the top Unis.

This, but in my experience (have been shown round all the mentioned unis) I rank Southampton top by a fair margin (Warwick's campus is slightly better but soton's rank/facilities/location[near water for kitesurfing woo!] put it first) Warwick second and UCL 3rd.

Bear in mind that each campus is different, Southampton is on the edge of the centre of town, Warwick is on the outskirts of a town and UCL is in a huge city. UCL will cost more but you amy want to live in London.

Only you can decide, if you haven't already then go and have a look round or wait until interview/applicant's open day!

Latest

Trending

Trending