The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hamza91
Im worried too, the rejctions and offers (sent to colleges) will come out next week. :eek:

Next week will go so slowly for me :frown: :eek:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
same ere hope i gt an offer, good luck mate, hope we both there this sept
Reply 22
Hamza91
Hi iv applied 4 a Dual honours in Maths andf Physics and a single Maths. I really want to go to Durham but apparently if you havent heard anything from ucas or aes by the end of next week you are probably rejected.

I havent heard nothing yet and sent my UCAS 3 months ago

Not true. From past experience on this site people will continue to get offers even after the deadline of when you are supposed to hear by.
Reply 23
Hey! I've applied for MPhys at Trevs. AES says my app is with the college :biggrin: , but it's been there for a while (since the UCAS deadline). Just a matter of waiting to hear from them now.
Reply 24
Unconditional offer for F302 - Physics with Foundation, just got email 2 mins ago. :smile:

Probably doesn't mean anything if your waiting for news on F300/F301 but I'm happy.
Reply 25
Skuzzy
Unconditional offer for F302 - Physics with Foundation, just got email 2 mins ago. :smile:

Probably doesn't mean anything if your waiting for news on F300/F301 but I'm happy.

Congratulations.
Reply 26
Skuzzy

Ooh, well done! Still waiting to hear about F301! Do you know what college you got into? And I'm guessing you're either a mature student or had a gap year, 'cos of the unconditional bit. Nice one :biggrin:
Reply 27
Going to have to give up on getting an offer today :wink:.. this is an unhealthy addiction.
Reply 28
Jesscaar
Ooh, well done! Still waiting to hear about F301! Do you know what college you got into? And I'm guessing you're either a mature student or had a gap year, 'cos of the unconditional bit. Nice one :biggrin:

Got into St Cuths...yes I'm a 'very' mature student (40). Still just as excited as if I was 18 :yep:
Reply 29
Paske
Going to have to give up on getting an offer today :wink:.. this is an unhealthy addiction.

I totally understand where you're coming from - my friends tell me off for checking AES and UCAS on a daily basis. :mmm: I mean how long does it take for a college to say "yes, we have space, come on in." Gaahh
Reply 30
Jesscaar
I totally understand where you're coming from - my friends tell me off for checking AES and UCAS on a daily basis. :mmm: I mean how long does it take for a college to say "yes, we have space, come on in." Gaahh

Same here :P. Though I think that once I get into a college I won't check as much :biggrin: hehe. I say that now.
Reply 31
Paske
Same here :P. Though I think that once I get into a college I won't check as much :biggrin: hehe. I say that now.

Ha, or so you think. It gets into a college, then you think why isn't it moving on? It becomes OCD - everytime you go on the internet, go to AES. May make it my homepage actually... would make the checking process slightly faster. :lol:
Reply 32
Jesscaar
Ha, or so you think. It gets into a college, then you think why isn't it moving on? It becomes OCD - everytime you go on the internet, go to AES. May make it my homepage actually... would make the checking process slightly faster. :lol:

:lol: thinking about it... I really do see where my friends are coming from on the whole "why do you check UCAS so often.." But I will make it my homepage anyway :smile:
Reply 33
Paske
:lol: thinking about it... I really do see where my friends are coming from on the whole "why do you check UCAS so often.." But I will make it my homepage anyway :smile:

Waiting game is now over!! I have a conditional offer from Durham now!! I squealed with delight when I logged into UCAS. Good times! And I think I got into Trevs as well, which is where I wanna be! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 34
Jesscaar
Waiting game is now over!! I have a conditional offer from Durham now!! I squealed with delight when I logged into UCAS. Good times! And I think I got into Trevs as well, which is where I wanna be! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo:

congratulations! think of all the free time you have now that you don't need to check UCAS and AES 30 times a day.
Reply 35
Skuzzy
congratulations! think of all the free time you have now that you don't need to check UCAS and AES 30 times a day.

Thankies!! Haha, that free time is looking promising - perhaps more time on TSR. Or another thing that I get told off by friends for: looking at the Durham website. Heehee.
Reply 36
Jesscaar
Thankies!! Haha, that free time is looking promising - perhaps more time on TSR. Or another thing that I get told off by friends for: looking at the Durham website. Heehee.

Nice... :smile:
Jesscaar

Trevs physics? Congrats! You going to the open day (22/23th March)? - I'll be one of the reps there. :smile:

Edit: Woah, and you're interested in RP, and have read Robert Jordan? Niiiice.
Reply 38
Awoodrow2
Trevs physics? Congrats! You going to the open day (22/23th March)? - I'll be one of the reps there. :smile:

Edit: Woah, and you're interested in RP, and have read Robert Jordan? Niiiice.

Thanks! Not had any letters through about open days or anything yet, but I will be going to an open day at some point. And yeah RP and Robert Jordan, I'm cool like that - done a bit of stalking eh? Hehe, :biggrin:
Jesscaar
Thanks! Not had any letters through about open days or anything yet, but I will be going to an open day at some point. And yeah RP and Robert Jordan, I'm cool like that - done a bit of stalking eh? Hehe, :biggrin:

I had a friend who was a bit of a stalker, so I think I picked up a bit from her... All it needed was to skim a couple of posts. :p:

Ah, okay - I have no idea when letters are actually sent out about open days, but college are starting to organise it soon.

Latest

Trending

Trending