The Student Room Group

I'm applying to French and I need help!

Hello. I am an international student and I'm applying to French/Italian at some UK's universities. I would like to know if anyone could help me with my problem. :confused:
The universities need AAB including A level French. The problem is that I haven't been learning French at school and I do not have a grade from French at school. Is it possible for me to get in? I have AAB from English, German and History and I have been learning French at French Culture Centre. I have certificates that prove that.

I would also like to ask if I need to write that in my personal statement and if I need to somehow sent my latest certificate through ucas.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me because I'm so lost now that I will start to panic soon :woo:
Reply 1
autobusas
Hello. I am an international student and I'm applying to French/Italian at some UK's universities. I would like to know if anyone could help me with my problem. :confused:
The universities need AAB including A level French. The problem is that I haven't been learning French at school and I do not have a grade from French at school. Is it possible for me to get in? I have AAB from English, German and History and I have been learning French at French Culture Centre. I have certificates that prove that.

I would also like to ask if I need to write that in my personal statement and if I need to somehow sent my latest certificate through ucas.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me because I'm so lost now that I will start to panic soon :woo:

I doubt you'd be able to do a French/Italian degree without having a qualification in either. E-mail the universities to see if they would accept your certificates. Another thing to note is that few universities offer you the chance to study French from scratch.

Latest

Trending

Trending