The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Single Malt
Hi, does anyone know the amount of people manchester interview? I was just curious as I am reasonably sure I could get to the top of the interview list with my UKcat fluke score, but is there any point if they interview double or triple the number they need.

I can't actually find the information I was looking for but I was sure they gave offers to a very large number of the people that they interviewed last year.

although i did find this: Number of places / Number of interviews > 80% ? Oo

from another forum. BTW this is for 2009 entry may have changed for 2010 entry
Reply 2
I know they interview on a ukcat of 615/625 last year (with poor grades) So they may be relatively easy to please. for 09 entry.
Reply 3
ShinyShiny
I know they interview on a ukcat of 615/625 last year (with poor grades) So they may be relatively easy to please.

how did you find out that it was 615/625?
Reply 4
trektor
how did you find out that it was 615/625?

Because that was me, I had a 615 or 625 with poor grades and they gave me a interview so I assume you could get better grades and a lower UKCAT. It may also mean the interview a fair few.
Reply 5
ShinyShiny
Because that was me, I had a 615 or 625 with poor grades and they gave me a interview so I assume you could get better grades and a lower UKCAT. It may also mean the interview a fair few.

Well that does not seem very demanding (no offence). I dont think i will apply there as I need to make the best out of the high UKcat I have stumbled into.
Reply 6
Single Malt
Well that does not seem very demanding (no offence). I dont think i will apply there as I need to make the best out of the high UKcat I have stumbled into.

I am not offended, I turned down the interview :biggrin:
Cant find the interview rate but you can work it out from this

Places this year
(2009 entry):

Places for international students (2009 entry):

Competition Last Year
(2008 entry):

Total places: 380
International Places: 29
Applicants: 2725
Applications per place: 7.2
Number of offers made: 626
Applicants per offer made: 4.4
Chances of an offer: 23%

source - http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=185
Reply 8
you cannot work it out, you need number of interviews:tongue:laces offered to work out success rate...
Reply 9
For 2007 entry (my year) they had ~2800 applicants, interviewed around 1200 and made approx 600 offers.

For 2009 entry they changed their selection criteria and reduced the number of iterviews. They do rank some applicants by their UKCAT score, but this is only those applicants that achieve above the cut-off score for their personal statement and reference. I.e. you could have a UKCAT of 700 but if your PS didn't score above the cut-off then you won't even make it to the ranking stage, effectively making your UKCAT worthless.

Those people that got interviews with UKCATs of 625 would have scored highly enough for their PS - I remember a fair few people on here last year with UKCATs in the high 600s and having been rejected without interview.

Manchester have always given far more weight to the PS and reference than they have academics.

Latest

Trending

Trending