The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

maybe its cause I'm bi but i loved it when Ilooked liek that. and i loved being seen as a lesbian. I hate guys chatting me up. so it worked well with me :biggrin:
r u actually a lesbian in denial?
Ant93
Why do people always associate short hair and Dr Martens with lesbians? It is really pissing me off. I am perfectly and definately straight and although i haven't for ages i like wearing my Docs and i like my hair short. It is a very negative stereotype and probably the worst one around at the moment, i've even had my boyf telling me i look like a lesbian.

Lets c a pic! :cool:
Reply 23
ramroff
have you been with a girl before?

you're such a perve :p:
Reply 24
Ant93
Why do people always associate short hair and Dr Martens with lesbians? It is really pissing me off. I am perfectly and definately straight and although i haven't for ages i like wearing my Docs and i like my hair short. It is a very negative stereotype and probably the worst one around at the moment, i've even had my boyf telling me i look like a lesbian.

well it all goes back to the 1980's...
Reply 25
Ant93
nowt wrong with that :smile:
Reply 26
Come on Ant. How are people meant to tell a lezza apart from a straight girl if they dress like one? Get yerself down to Topshop or something love :smile:
Reply 27

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh...but that is exactly what I think of when I think of lesbians. Well, that's not entirely true, I have a lesbian formula; Short Hair + Comfy Shoes = Lesbian. It's called the "Short Hair 'n' Comfy Shoes" formula, my chums use it all the time. :wink: Although Doc. Martens are also a lesbian staple. We're only jesting though.

There are a lot of really hot lesbians, such as those on "The L Word" who are completely changing the stereotypical lesbian, eradicating it almost. Why does it matter what other people think anyway? You have a boyfriend, you're happy, it doesn't matter what other people think, just ignore them. Although it is rather amusing that even your boyfriend thinks you resemble a lesbian.

Come on Ant. How are people meant to tell a lezza apart from a straight girl if they dress like one? Get yerself down to Topshop or something love

I have to say, this cracked me up! :biggrin: Maybe he's got a point too...If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :p:
Lesbians are great - dont diss it!
Reply 29
it would be best if ant just posted a pic
Reply 30
True ramroff - I won't laugh... Honest!
Alright so how am i supposed to post a pic on here?
Reply 32
in your reply, click "edit attachments"
Reply 33
ramroff
in your reply, click "edit attachments"

leave the poor ****er alone! :eek:
Reply 34
izzy
leave the poor ****er alone! :eek:

eh? :eek: how else can we see if those that say she is a lezzy have substance?
Reply 35
Remember, if you keep telling yourself something, one day it might come true.
To save me having to do a search, what or who exactly is "Dr martin"?
ramroff
eh? :eek: how else can we see if those that say she is a lezzy have substance?
Not all lesbians are big ugly butch people y'know!!

Stereotypes suck!!

Basically... the people that think you look like a lesbian probably don't know many ACTUAL lesbians...
Reply 38
Dr Martins are great big clompy boots
If its a picture you want, ok but bear in mind that my hair is actually straight and has been cut since.

Latest