The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
cyborg
Well done ! - it's a tough offer though. Glad I didn't get asked for any specific grade in FM.

yeah its quite tough but definitely achievable - its the exact same as i have been predicted so thats always a start! im quietly confident tbh, not shouting it everywhere but think i can get those grades - only worry is physics but if i revise solidly (ive never actually done this before :P) im sure i can secure it :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
fredbraty
emailing them is a nice idea,most people beleive that it may sound desperate,but i disagree,you show them that you are really interested...From which country are you?

Bulgaria. You?

Can you tell me what was the interview - test + conversation or something different?
Reply 22
the_god
Bulgaria. You?

Can you tell me what was the interview - test + conversation or something different?

at the interview day the admissions tutor first makes a presentation about the university.Then you have a tour of the campus and halls with 2 other undergraduates .Then it is lunvh and then the interview.The questions of the interview depend on the interviewer.some ask physics or maths questions or some others ask logical problems and others only questions about the personal statement.
when did you apply?do you already have any as or a levels?
Reply 23
cyborg
They asked you to get an A in Further Maths as well ?

That's quite a difficult offer.

oh cyborg you werent asked for further maths?
Reply 24
fredbraty
at the interview day the admissions tutor first makes a presentation about the university.Then you have a tour of the campus and halls with 2 other undergraduates .Then it is lunvh and then the interview.The questions of the interview depend on the interviewer.some ask physics or maths questions or some others ask logical problems and others only questions about the personal statement.
when did you apply?do you already have any as or a levels?

No I don't have. I apply with the diploma from our High School so they didn't ask me to take A levels.
Reply 25
the_god
No I don't have. I apply with the diploma from our High School so they didn't ask me to take A levels.

oh well,dont worry...i know some people who already study there that had to wait until march to get an offer,so just be patient.i wish you good luck!
Reply 26
fredbraty
oh well,dont worry...i know some people who already study there that had to wait until march to get an offer,so just be patient.i wish you good luck!

Thanks ... I wish you good luck too. :smile:
Reply 27
fredbraty
oh cyborg you werent asked for further maths?

Not particularly. Mine was A* in Maths, A in Physics and an A in one of Further Maths, Chemistry or ICT.
AA for physics msci :yy:
Reply 29
A*AAA For comp sci, offer came less than 2 weeks after interview which was awesome.
Reply 30
19,3 Apolytirion + AAA + AEA MATHS MERIT:P

tough but not impossible:P
Reply 31
how come people are getting AEA papers. i heard AEA had finished for good in summer??
Reply 32
AB for BSc Biology.
Reply 33
giannis
19,3 Apolytirion + AAA + AEA MATHS MERIT:P

tough but not impossible:P

gianni,for which course did you apply?
did you have advanced mathematics and physics at public school?
AAB (B in maths) for biotech
Reply 35
BSc Microbiology: 38 overall with 6 in Maths and Bio HL
Reply 36
MChem Chemistry: AAA in maths chemistry and physics
Reply 37
MEng Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 39 IB points, 6 in Maths HL and Physics HL.
Reply 38
trtrz
MEng Electrical and Electronics Engineering: 39 IB points, 6 in Maths HL and Physics HL.

Well done :smile:

Is Imperial going to be your firm ?
Reply 39
fiksen99
how come people are getting AEA papers. i heard AEA had finished for good in summer??

for maths till 2012

Latest

Trending

Trending