The Student Room Group

How much does your part-time job pay?

I am looking for a new part time job probably after christmas though, because I hate the job itself and the people are really starting to get on my nerves, I've worked here for nearly a year now. My mum and dad won't let me leave because of the good pay, I get paid £6.40 an hour, £9 on Sundays, and I get 20 percent discount.

So I'm basically looking for jobs that pay better than the above. My mum and dad won't let me leave because of it and the discount.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
pamelaa
I am looking for a new part time job probably after christmas though, because I hate the job itself and the people are really starting to get on my nerves, I've worked here for nearly a year now. My mum and dad won't let me leave because of the good pay, I get paid £6.40 an hour, £9 on Sundays, and I get 20 percent discount.

So I'm basically looking for jobs that pay better than the above. My mum and dad won't let me leave because of it and the discount.

£6.40 is pretty standard in London, so I can't imagine many places paying more outside of London tbh.

Don't leave your job unless you have an offer for a job that at least pays the same.
£10 an hour, average 18 hours a week :ahee:
Reply 3
Mine's £6.40 an hour (18 years old) at Peacocks and £6 an hour at Lloyds Pharmacy. I know chippies that pay loads (my mate gets like £8 an hour!) but it definately depends on the area where you work.
Reply 4
£5.73
I'll be working full time over christmas :frown:
Reply 5
paddy
£6.40 is pretty standard in London, so I can't imagine many places paying more outside of London tbh.

Don't leave your job unless you have an offer for a job that at least pays the same.

Yeah I'd imagine that the pay is better in London... sigh... :p:
Reply 6
Bubbles*de*Milo

You ho! I work 18 hours a week too. Where do you work? Halls? Like Democracy does? :rolleyes: :p:
Bubbles*de*Milo

Loaded.
pamelaa
You ho! I work 18 hours a week too. Where do you work? Halls? Like Democracy does? :rolleyes: :p:

No, I do admin work.

It's like a month and a half long max though (ie, I've been working that long and I'm nearly finished now), I've made at least £800 so far though. I'm dragging it out as long as possible.
InvoluntarySlacker
Loaded.

I'm getting £650ish on 20th Dec, another £200ish in Jan... :excited:
Reply 10
£6.30 and then time and a half on Sunday. The discount is great, too.
£6.30 an hour, (that's wales not London too ^-^) and 30% discount. HMV rocks!
Bubbles*de*Milo
I'm getting £650ish on 20th Dec, another £200ish in Jan... :excited:

:frown:

I get paid pennies. Is this company of yours nationwide? :creep:
Reply 13
pamelaa
Yeah I'd imagine that the pay is better in London... sigh... :p:

Nah I meant that I was surprised you managed to find a job for £6.40, let alone anything more, outside of London. I don't know anyone with a part-time job outside of London who earns more that £6 an hour :s-smilie:

Best bet is to try like hell to find a crappy office job, office jobs tend to pay more.
Reply 14
£4.51 :/
paddy
Nah I meant that I was surprised you managed to find a job for £6.40, let alone anything more, outside of London. I don't know anyone with a part-time job outside of London who earns more that £6 an hour :s-smilie:

Best bet is to try like hell to find a crappy office job, office jobs tend to pay more.

This, seriously hello guys. I worked 9-5 on Tuesday, made £80. I'm doing that tomorow... £160 this week. Plus 3 hours on Mon etc...

It's ridiculous pay but I'm not complaining. Best pay I've EVER had.

Edit: That said I think I'm getting so much because I got the job through someone I knew, meaning there's no temp agency fees, and obvs I don't pay tax. So I'm getting the whole £10 they would have paid, which normally gets taxed/charged away down to like £7. :dontknow:
Reply 16
charley_says
£6.30 an hour, (that's wales not London too ^-^) and 30% discount. HMV rocks!

No time and a half on Sundays?
Reply 17
Mine was £4.83

Past times employ the youngest possible people, and so pay them minimum wage.

Don't work there.
Reply 18
paddy

Ah I seee! Yup the pay is pretty good, I think I'd to be hard to find better!
Thanks.
I'm not working now, but my part time job over the summer, I got £5.80/hour, with 25% discount and 75% discount on uniform.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending