The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
BeanofJelly
Agreed that pointing a gun at someone is significantly worse than just possessing one. My only point is that it is less bad than attempted murder.

For example, can't you see that someone who goes into a shop, just shoots the owner in the head and empties the cash-drawer is worse, and needs to be punished more, than someone who goes into a shop and waves a gun around, maybe pointing it at the owner, but not shooting anyone?

One is armed robbery and attempted murder (if the owner lives), the other is just armed robbery.

If they put the gun down themselves I agree, but he had to have the gun forcefully removed and was still fighting.
Reply 41
adilmorrison
Most handguns on our streets aren't smuggled in... :rolleyes: ...

If the 4 million guns on the streets weren't smuggled, how did they get in Britain? Were they already in before the act was passed?
Reply 42
I'm surprised the man didn't bash the boy's face in. No knee strikes either during the clinch either.
NordicBoy
I bet the hand holding the gun was black.

And had previously been seen holding the handlebars of a yellow bike.
Reply 44
Barden
yeah cos the gunman wanted to be imprisoned for 3 years...:rolleyes:

And your telling me that 3 years is right for that crime?
Been
And your telling me that 3 years is right for that crime?

no, im just pointing out that it is wrong to say that the law is on the criminals' side
Reply 46
MaceyThe
Hang on.......

I thought they banned handguns about 10 years ago anyway, to show us just how tough they could be on gun crime, with the result that the British Olympic target shooting squad now have to fly to Europe to train?

How is this possible that handguns are increasingly being used in crime? I just don't understand? They're banned, surely the criminals abide by the ban?!.:rolleyes:

What? Is this true? You can't own a firearm in England through a firearms certificate? We own several in my house (NI), I assumed it was the same in England!

EDIT: Well whaddya know, you're right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom
Reply 47
I think quite a few amount of people would instinct try to disarm a person if they got a gun out and put it on your head.
Impressive, it takes guts.
Reply 49
Ghost
What? Is this true? You can't own a firearm in England through a firearms certificate? We own several in my house (NI), I assumed it was the same in England!

EDIT: Well whaddya know, you're right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

Just handguns, for the time-being at least:s-smilie:.
They were out-lawed in this country in 1997, apparently in responce to the Dunblane massacre....
As a result, lots of law abiding citizens found their sport of target shooting outlawed, and geriatric WW2 veterans were forced to turn in that German Luger from the war they had in the loft.

Did it get rid of handgun crime and deter real criminals?? Did it hell. Handgun crime rose 40% in the two years after the weapons were banned, and has soared since.
Reply 50
Just found another article similar to this - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1181000/How-dare-point-gun-Hero-father-wrestles-armed-raider-floor--makes-cry.html

Though it has the added bonus of the victim making the armed 19 year old cry, yes cry :smile:
The judges of this country are inept. I hope they all get shot, that would be major lulz. ****ing retards.
Lol this guy is actually sick that is a true gangster. TBF tho I can see why the judges only sentenced the guy to 3 years. He doesn't seem like a killer and the man could probably intuitivley tell that the boy didnt have the balls to actually shoot him or anyone else otherwise he wouldn't have done what he did unless he was stupid. He's just a stupid, little kid who hold of a gun who probably doesn't deserve to go away for 10 to 20 years. These judges are pretty qualified you know :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending