The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Those who have/are waiting for an English Interview at UCL

I sent off my UCAS just over a week ago and have applied to read English at UCL. I meet their requirements, but understand that this course is notoriously competitive and getting an interview seems to be a feat in itself!

Could anyone with or waiting on offers/interviews perhaps share their GCSE/AS grades and predictions? The wait is driving me craaazy! Good luck to all.
Reply 1
i sent mine off on 17th november, the acknowledged the application on the 19th and sent me an email inviting me an interview this wednesday, it wasnt a huge wait but i was actually going crazy b the end of it!!

for GCSE I GOT 6a*'s 4a's 1b 1c
a level AAAB
predicted AAA

dont worry about it! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Sent off before the 15th of October. Got my Interview on the 16th of December. I didn't wait ages but man am i nervous!

Perhaps we could throw in some tips on what to do at interview? *kinda hijacking the thread but it would be soooo useful!*
Reply 3
I applied in early November and got an interview invite a few weeks later for a date in March.

My GCSEs are 3.5A*s, 5As and 2Bs, but I have AAAab at A level excluding GS/CT. The personal statement > everything else.
Ah.. I applied 3 weeks ago, and havnt heard anything from any of the uni's I applied for... Newcastle/Brisol/UCL/KCL/Leeds...
Getting a bit worried...!
btw.. on my friends account applying for English Lit not business!
Reply 6
i applied to newcastle too! still havent heard anything back either.

i know there was an open day for eng lang/lit the other day. but theres bound to be another one!
Porphyria
I sent off my UCAS just over a week ago and have applied to read English at UCL. I meet their requirements, but understand that this course is notoriously competitive and getting an interview seems to be a feat in itself!

Could anyone with or waiting on offers/interviews perhaps share their GCSE/AS grades and predictions? The wait is driving me craaazy! Good luck to all.

I applied on 30th October and got invited to interview on 19th November...so 20 days later. My interview's at the end of February.

My A-level predictions were A*A*A B
Reply 8
i've got an interview at the beginning of march.... bit nervous though because i think my GCSE results were comparatively low, 2A*s, 6As and two Bs.

however, i do have the advantage in that i did my A2 level english lit a year early and achieved an A, plus my english teacher wrote me an absolutely smashing reference so major, major kudos to her :smile: :smile: :smile:. i guess they consider each case individually and there's not a distinct cut-off point for what grades will get you an offer or not, as long as you meet their general requirements you have every chance of getting an interview.

i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine :biggrin:
Reply 9
I applied AGES ago for English Lit and French and have heard nothing! I would rather they just reject me now rather then making me wait!
I've got my interview at the beginning of February. I wouldn't worry about grades too much, it looks like they've taken a mix.
My GCSEs were 5A*s, 4As and 2Bs, and for A-Level I've been predicted A* A* A* A A.

I'm worried about the interviews though - I've heard they're pretty intense at best. Horrible at worst.

Latest

Trending

Trending