The Student Room Group

What do you think of the term 'dog's dinner'?

I think it describes perfectly what you're trying to describe, and the fact that it has alliteration just adds to its awesomeness lol.

I had a friend who went out looking like Phil Mitchell dressed as Pat Butcher, and I feel that she truly epitomised the term 'dog's dinner' as she looked extremely cheap and tacky / like a transvestite.

I did an exam during my A-levels as well that was truly a dog's dinner, and towards the end, due to it being such a dog's dinner, I started to do my nails to take my mind off it.

I just love that term though. What do you think of it?
Reply 1
lol riiiiiight.
It sounds like something from the 50's.
Reply 3
I think it's an awesome phrase, should use it more often. Also, you might like "dog eared", which is a step below dogs dinner.
Reply 4
Yummy.
Reply 5
Please just die.
Oh snap!
lol riiiiiight.

You sir, will be getting my rep for the day due to that delightful signature of yours.
Reply 7
I hate the sound of it and the images it evokes. I just imagine a pile of dog food, which also looks like a pile of ****, so if someone says that something looks like a "dog's dinner" I can't help but wonder why they don't just say that it looks ****. It's such a heavy phrase as well...Unappealing.
It has it's uses.

Telling a friend on their Facebook profile that they look like a dog's dinner isn't a very good one.
Reply 9
. .

Latest

Trending

Trending