The Student Room Group

Are my Uni choices too aggressive?

I've recently sent off my UCAS, however I feel that my choices might be a bit too optimistic and I haven't given myself a wide enough spectrum, my choices are:

UCL - European Studies (A*AA)
LSE - Economic History (AAB)
Warwick - Economics, Politics and International Studies (AAA)
KCL - European Studies
RHUL - Economics, Politics and International Relations (AAAC)

I take French, English Lit, Economics and Maths A-level, and I'm doing Further Maths at AS-level. I got AAAB at AS (the B was in English) and I've got 5 A*s, 7 As and 2 Bs in my GCSEs. However I feel that my choices may be too aggressive and i havent left myself with enough suitable back up if i were to be rejected by UCL, LSE, Kings and Warwick which is easily possible
celebretty
I've recently sent off my UCAS, however I feel that my choices might be a bit too optimistic and I haven't given myself a wide enough spectrum, my choices are:

KCL - European Studies

I take French, English Lit, Economics and Maths A-level, and I'm doing Further Maths at AS-level. I got AAAB at AS (the B was in English) and I've got 5 A*s, 7 As and 2 Bs in my GCSEs. However I feel that my choices may be too aggressive and i havent left myself with enough suitable back up if i were to be rejected by UCL, LSE, Kings and Warwick which is easily possible

Work hard, and you'll be alright. Check my profile to see my choices, I had pretty much the same grade requirements. The B at LSE is a nice backup
Reply 2
no i don't think it is too agressive, id say you chose a nice range as you have good grades.
I don't think you'll get rejected from kings as they're AAB-ABB
Reply 3
who would want to go to strand poly?

on a serious note, you got good grades and theres nothing you can do about it now. just chill, you will probably get 1 other offer than RHUL.
Reply 4
celebretty

KCL - European Studies

I am not sure your thread is in the best forum: maybe politics and International Relations would be better.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=279
Reply 5
It depends - how would you feel if you received four rejections?

Latest

Trending

Trending