The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Teveth
Having watched the latest episode of Horizon which examined the seriousness of the threat posed by growing overpopulation, I've been thinking. We need to take serious action. 6 billion people is already a too great a number to be sustained on this planet, never mind the 9 billion which is what the population is expected to be in 40 years time. Simply, food and water shortages are going to become increasingly common. Human suffering will reach unimaginable scales.

I propose that humane culling is the only solution. It makes me sick to think of these slut-women in the third world (and indeed here) giving birth to 6, 7 or 8 or more children without giving any thought for the planet. The Vatican is a big problem, people in sub-Saharan Africa and in South America have been brainwashed into believing condoms are not to be used due to the Vaticans lies, but I feel that it is too late. The only answer, I'm afraid, will be to cull. If they ('they' being third world overpopulated countries) don't want to take charge of the situation, then we must.

I don't know if chemical culling is the most humane option (chem trials in the sky maybe?), or whether a bombardment of atomic bombs is the answer. All I know is that something needs to be done.

Retard, I hate self absorbed pricks like yourself; you most likely have no friends/morals.

At the end of the day you base your case on horizon. Ich hasse dich
Reply 21
Teveth
Of what and why?

You're sickingly obtuse.
Teveth
Why would I want to cull myself?

Oh, you don't want to? But we need to cull people to save the world! Or is that everyone except white people?
Teveth

I propose that humane culling is the only solution. e.

And who gives a **** what you propose. Not I sir, not I.
Reply 24
Earthly
You're sickingly obtuse.

Do you even know what that word means?

I am as sharp as one can be, and if I am being entirely honest, I am the single most important resource this planet has.
Reply 25
touchofclass
Oh, you don't want to? But we need to cull people to save the world! Or is that everyone except white people?

I am of Jewish ethnicity.
Teveth

I am as sharp as one can be, and if I am being entirely honest, I am the single most important resource this planet has.

Yawn

Ok this guy's just trolling, I'd recommend just ignoring him
Reply 27
Teveth

hahaahahhahahhahhahahahahah
Teveth
Idiot, I think not.

I find your aggressive views towards the people of the West both threatening and offensive.

And what of your views of the "African slut-women"?
Reply 29
ArcadiaHouse
And what of your views of the "African slut-women"?

I said no such thing. I said 'third world slut-women'.

'African slut-women' would have been a highly offensive thing to say.
Reply 30
I dont agree with evrything he says btw :biggrin: :P.
Teveth

You've actualy argued against yourself there, have you heard of julian simon? he wrote a book called "the ultimate resource" which you should probably read if you want to gather all the facts before making any rash decisions.

simon believes that the ultimate resource is humanity yourself (in so in other words, you and i) and that technological advancements will increase the carrying capacity of the earth, as they have throughout the whole of human history. there are many other cornucopian demographers which is why im confused that you seem to belive that everyone is a "doomster".

Your views echo Paul Ehrlich who wrote a book in 1969 called the population bomb, its very short and perhaps worth reading. It is very radical and predicts the earth will basicaly become a hell hole due to overpopulation by the 1980s, he was proven wrong because of the green revolution in india (a technical fix).
Reply 32
Callipygian
You've actualy argued against yourself there, have you heard of julian simon? he wrote a book called "the ultimate resource" which you should probably read if you want to gather all the facts before making any rash decisions.

simon believes that the ultimate resource is humanity yourself (in so in other words, you and i) and that technological advancements will increase the carrying capacity of the earth, as they have throughout the whole of human history. there are many other cornucopian demographers which is why im confused that you seem to belive that everyone is a "doomster".

Your views echo Paul Ehrlich who wrote a book in 1969 called the population bomb, its very short and perhaps worth reading. It is very radical and predicts the earth will basicaly become a hell hole due to overpopulation by the 1980s, he was proven wrong because of the green revolution in india (a technical fix).

My message may not be clear, but my intent is sincere. I may not be able to convince, but by words I do not mince. I may come across as extreme, but I am sharp like a laser beam. Pew pew pew.
Reply 33
Lets colonize Mars !
I believe very strongly that population growth needs to be controlled, but I am not going to elaborate any further because I do not want to be seen to be agreeing with the moron who started this thread.

What a incredibly stupid way to start a discussion on such an important issue...
Reply 35
Teveth
Why would I want to cull myself?

Of course you wouldn't, people like you are a virus, a disease. Your stupidity is a hinderance to the success and development of the human race.
Reply 36
Bishamon
Of course you wouldn't, people like you are a virus, a disease. Your stupidity is a hinderance to the success and development of the human race.

I am the human race.
Reply 37
Teveth
I said no such thing. I said 'third world slut-women'.

'African slut-women' would have been a highly offensive thing to say.

But I bet that's what you wanted to say, isnt it. It's ironic whenever these "lets start a population cull" the first place they like to turn to is Africa. Shows the stupidity of the idiots especially considering the continent still has one of the smallest population of the seven.
Reply 38
Teveth
I am the human race.

Sad. No, you're a moron who makes stupid comments on a student forum. Destined to be an entity of no use and/or relevance.
Reply 39
Beekeeper
I believe very strongly that population growth needs to be controlled, but I am not going to elaborate any further because I do not want to be seen to be agreeing with the moron who started this thread.

What a incredibly stupid way to start a discussion on such an important issue...

The issue is indeed an important one. You say you don't want to be seen to be agreeing with human-culling, yet you don't deny it. With respect, I think that you are a disgrace.

Murder is not the option, you twisted person. How can killing ever be considered to be for the good of mankind?

The answer lies in education, if you ask me. We must educate those less fortunate than ourselves that contraception is a valuable tool, and that having 5 or more children is probably not a good idea (like many in sub-Saharan Africa believe it to be).

You can have your extreme views if you wish, but don't expect us to take them seriously.

Latest

Trending

Trending