The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anony_miss
That's a winter thing anyway isn't it? We were told that the IOTFA runs will be on the track until next spring. 6 laps round the track is going to do my nut (especially if I get lapped!), but the surface is loads better than icy grass.
I've not heard any of these rumours tbh---where do you get them from Drewski?! Do you know where the new standards are published?

Hasn't been in the past, I've heard of people running around the Qaboos in 6" of snow. The track's surface is slightly better, but will it remain so with 60 people punding round it at a time? Only advantage is the gradual turns as opposed to the sudden ones in the old route.

As for where I've heard the rumours from.. well, I'm not saying any names on this site, but I've heard it from my Flt Cdr, my and other RIs and PTIs and from other various flight staff around A & E Sqns.
Reply 21
Drewski

As for where I've heard the rumours from.. well, I'm not saying any names on this site, but I've heard it from my Flt Cdr, my and other RIs and PTIs and from other various flight staff around A & E Sqns.

Too much time on your hands! Get started on Bandar! :smile: (like I'm doing, right now, obviously.) Interestingly, I did hear the rumour about running on the track via A Sqn. I'll be interested to see what the new standards are...
Reply 22
Female 'green' run time has come down by over a minute apparently....

And I have started my Bandar, as well as everything else we've been doing. Contrary to popular belief, you can be busy over here. It's just that some people choose not to be.
SO WHAT!

I know you have the course mentality where the microcosm of IOT is all-consuming. However, in the big scheme of things, it matters not one tiny little bit whether the run is on the track, on grass, over the bloody jumps or around the tennis courts. Can we remember that this does nothing except give the obsessive posters here something else to obsess over?
Reply 24
ProStacker
SO WHAT!

I know you have the course mentality where the microcosm of IOT is all-consuming. However, in the big scheme of things, it matters not one tiny little bit whether the run is on the track, on grass, over the bloody jumps or around the tennis courts. Can we remember that this does nothing except give the obsessive posters here something else to obsess over?

What he said. No wonder everyone stuffs phase 2 training! :wink:
Reply 25
ProStacker
SO WHAT!

Alright, alright, it's not life or death, but it's interesting to me because it's vaguely relevant---I'll happily take the gossip to a PM, but I thought someone else on here might like to feed the Cranwell rumour mill. It's just idle (Bandar avoiding) chatter.
Wzz
No wonder everyone stuffs phase 2 training! :wink:

:p: It just means I'll have a good 'guess what I heard' gossip when I'm on phase 2 too, and then continue to work hard at it. :rolleyes:
Drewski

Female 'green' run time has come down by over a minute apparently....

Still doesn't make it that challenging though... but I would guess that I'd have no chance of making it to the 300 club, unlike the small sliver of a chance I have at the moment!
Drewski

And I have started my Bandar, as well as everything else we've been doing. Contrary to popular belief, you can be busy over here. It's just that some people choose not to be.

I know, I know, RAD is harder than the actual course and all that :wink: Just winding you up---you're back on soon anyway, aren't you?

edit: spelling...

Latest