The Student Room Group

Bad parenting

Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but IMO this is just awful parenting.
The other day, my mother's friend told my mother about her fifteen year old daughter's fake ID. She said "it's okay, because she's told me she's got one".
She obviously knows that her fifteen year old daughter is buying alcohol and ciggarettes with it, and is not doing anything about it because she's too scared of her own daughter.

Might I just add that her daughter is a complete sket, smokes, drinks and does drugs.
Reply 1
russianroullette
Now, tell me if I'm wrong, but IMO this is just awful parenting.
The other day, my mother's friend told my mother about her fifteen year old daughter's fake ID. She said "it's okay, because she's told me she's got one".
She obviously knows that her fifteen year old daughter is buying alcohol and ciggarettes with it, and is not doing anything about it because she's too scared of her own daughter.

Might I just add that her daughter is a complete sket, smokes, drinks and does drugs.

as long as it doesnt affect you, why should you care
you've made a lot of threads tonight.
Reply 3
You're wrong.
Reply 4
Yeah, does sound like bad parenting to me. Then again she probably can't do much, her daughter sounds like she'll obtain that stuff anyhow - I'd blame the girl rather than the parent.
Parent has well and truly lost control of the child...theres nothing the parent can do now really.
Reply 6
It's probably safer her doing it this way than asking people to go in the shop for her.
yep, bad parenting. she needs to sort her daughter out, she's 15!
May be bad parenting, but get realistic here, I'm sure there's little the mother could do to control a daughter like that now (take the fake ID off her and she'd find other ways) ...unless she kept her in a cage of course.
If parents are strict, the kids will still do everything anyway, just the parents won't know. If the parents are liberal, the kids will do everything and not mind if there parents know, so the parents can try to influence the kids.
Whatever the parents do about the ID is meaningless; if they take it away she'll get a new one or get her friends to buy her stuff, if they leave it with her she'll continue on this path. The parents should really focus on informing the daughter on responsible drinking, etc. 'Tis the only solution that has a chance of working.

Latest

Trending

Trending