Unedcy
Reply 3
YL_LDN
danni danni danni . PM.

Reply 4
ChrisLincoln
Unedcy

Which is??

Oh come on don't do this to the young naive Aussie, you know you want to tell me :wink: x
Reply 5
There two different football clubs, both from the city of Manchester. Same as Ac Milan and Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid. Etc
Reply 6
nothing .. they're both rubbish :smile:
Reply 7
Spr7377
There two different football clubs, both from the city of Manchester. Same as Ac Milan and Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Athletico Madrid. Etc

Ok cheers. Is it like, how in Oz we have rubgy league and rugby union? Both are similar overall, but slightly different rules.
Reply 8
danni_bella
Ok cheers. Is it like, how in Oz we have rubgy league and rugby union? Both are similar overall, but slightly different rules.

No, they play in the same league, basically they were established at different times in the same city,and by different people who established them.

Due the locations of the sides they are local rivals.
Reply 9
You're a bit thick aren't you?

I know nothing about ice hockey yet if two ice hockey teams were from lets say Toronto and one was called Toronto United and one was called Toronto City I would be able to infer what that meant easily

Really now, get a grip, your deductive reasoning is terrible, as is your ability to use google
Reply 10
Spr7377
No, they play in the same league, basically they were established at different times in the same city,and by different people who established them.

Due the locations of the sides they are local rivals.

Lol I just have no idea about these things :biggrin:

Thanks for the info. I sort of go for United myself, so perhaps I shouldn't mention that at the BBQ tomorrow! Although he might know anyway coz of my Facebook fan pages :lol:
Reply 11
a_t

I know nothing about ice hockey yet if two ice hockey teams were from lets say Toronto and one was called Toronto United and one was called Toronto City I would be able to infer what that meant easily

Really now, get a grip, your deductive reasoning is terrible, as is your ability to use google

I'm not thick, and google doesn't talk about the social repuation these teams have, just the facts.

I wanna find out what people REALLY think about them :wink: Whether City or United is more popular, although tbh I think United is globally.
Reply 12
a_t

no need to be so rude and harsh
danni_bella
Hey,

I'm just wondering what the difference is? I have a friend here who's originally from the UK and he's mad about Manchester City, but I don't know what the difference is between City and United?

Please... do your part to help prevent DB from looking like a social klutz at this BBQ we are all (friends) attending tomorrow :biggrin:

xox

Well they say everyone inside Manchester supports Manchester City and everyone outside (include half of China) support Manchester United, Man U (shortened nickname) is actually based in Salford not Manchester thats why they were origninally two teams, but I guess the City of Manchester (not the football team) has just grown and overtaken the whole area.
Reply 14
Liverpoooooool
Reply 15
n1r4v
United more popular globally, however they are scum so please refrain from supporting them.

Really? LOL my cousins go for them!

They're not mad about them, but defo have the posters, hats etc in their room :biggrin:

Also that's probably true about half of China, haha. There are quite a few international students at my uni from there, and yeah a lot of them walk around with Man U merchandise, i.e. t-shirts, hats, bags even.

Hehe refrain from supporting them :lol: I joined their fan page on Facebook but that's about it, in sport I'm more of an AFL baracker :wink:
Reply 16
danni_bella
in sport I'm more of an AFL baracker :wink:

hope you're a Saints fan
Reply 17
impsmith
hope you're a Saints fan

You're in the UK, why do you support the AFL? :p:
Reply 18
danni_bella
You're in the UK, why do you support the AFL? :p:

housemate is from Melbourne, he taught me that Essondon sucks and that Saint Kilda goes marching in. Except for this year obviously. haha, I don't follow it too much, I just know to look out for Nicky Riewoldt.
Reply 19
impsmith
housemate is from Melbourne, he taught me that Essondon sucks and that Saint Kilda goes marching in. Except for this year obviously. haha, I don't follow it too much, I just know to look out for Nicky Riewoldt.

Oh wow, that's so cool. :smile: Essendon is for glory supporters who don't give a ****! :biggrin:

That's why half of Canberra goes for them, haha. The saints rock but I prefer another team to them.

Latest