The Student Room Group

Just weighed myself for the 1st time since I started Uni...

Scroll to see replies

I'll lose weight if I go to a catered uni. The food there's pretty bad, and there's even less choice for a veggie ^^
I'll put on if I'm self-catered- filled pasta and waffles all the way :p:
I tend to lose weight at Uni, then gain weight when I go home but I think it really differs from person to person! I don't think its necessarily something to be concerned about unless you feel its too drastic.
rainbowbex
Fair enough. You do know it fluctuates naturally though right??

Yep. I'm been this weight for about a month though.
I still weight the same as when I went and I eat roughly the same amount.
Ruth xx
Reply 44
gone from 10st to 12st...
it seems most girls gain weight and males lose weight at uni
I've lost 3lb. Probably because I don't really like much of the food they serve for catered students. That and we eat so early I'm always hungry at night.
dews1290
At the start I was about 10stone 6lbs and now I'm 9stone 12lbs. I thought you were meant to put weight on at university and to be honest I thought I had.

I am climbing a lot at the moment so it might have something to do with that, also I don't think I'm getting enough protein. When I go back in January I think I'll be eating more protein.

So.... have people lost or gained since they've been in Uni?

Living the student lifestyle will definitely make you lose weight... think of all the meals that consist of beans!! :P
I lost about 3/4 of a stone within the first month because of generally getting out and about and having to feed myself (I sometimes forget!). But I seem to have stayed the same over the last 2 months so I'd have to have an exercise routine or more strict diet to lose more. I'm not bothered though anyway, I'm a size 10-12 and have no qualms with that, it's healthy.
I was about 8st 4lbs when I went to uni last year, but I'd lost a lot during my a-levels - I was around 9st. I've now gone back to 8st 12lbs. I'd like to drop again, but my house has a biscuit and tea time regularly, so custard creams etc are always being bought. Also, my boyf told me off when I was 8st 4lbs, for being too thin, so I'm not too unhappy as I am now :p:
mollymustard
I tend to lose weight at Uni, then gain weight when I go home but I think it really differs from person to person! I don't think its necessarily something to be concerned about unless you feel its too drastic.

I really hope I don't put on.. I'm hoping to lose half a stone whilst I'm at home this xmas.

I refuse to be fat anymore.. the idea is slightly abhorrent!
Hahaha, this post is why Im heading to Bath University- sports facilities on campus, a pool, a gym and a huge hill to walk up and down!
Yeha!
Reply 52
rainbowbex
I really hope I don't put on.. I'm hoping to lose half a stone whilst I'm at home this xmas.

I refuse to be fat anymore.. the idea is slightly abhorrent!

you're hoping to lose half a stone this christmas? i'd be ecstatic if i maintained my weight! :p:

but seriously, i know the idea isn't nice, but it's christmas and everyone indulges. i've just decided 'to hell with it' - i'll start over from january. i've recently lost weight so it is annoying, but i know that when i get back to university i'll lose it again with a bit of time. it's easy to control what you eat during term time, but at christmas there's yummy treats everywhere and they're pretty much impossible to avoid! as much as the idea of gaining weight is horrible, i know i'd regret it far more if i looked back on my christmas and remembered obsessing over and limiting everything that went near my mouth.

obviously don't gorge yourself stupid, but i'd say relax and enjoy yourself whilst you have the opportunity. it's only once a year! :biggrin:
raisin.
you're hoping to lose half a stone this christmas? i'd be ecstatic if i maintained my weight! :p:

but seriously, i know the idea isn't nice, but it's christmas and everyone indulges. i've just decided 'to hell with it' - i'll start over from january. i've recently lost weight so it is annoying, but i know that when i get back to university i'll lose it again with a bit of time. it's easy to control what you eat during term time, but at christmas there's yummy treats everywhere and they're pretty much impossible to avoid! as much as the idea of gaining weight is horrible, i know i'd regret it far more if i looked back on my christmas and remembered obsessing over and limiting everything that went near my mouth.

obviously don't gorge yourself stupid, but i'd say relax and enjoy yourself whilst you have the opportunity. it's only once a year! :biggrin:

I know, but last christmas started my weight gain last year and I ended gaining over a stone in the end - kept telling myself I'd get it off when xmas was over. Never happened!! I'd be okay with staying the same or only losing a few pounds... but gain would be awful!!

Been back in the pool which has been awesome :biggrin:
ive put on 10lbs. not impressed at all! especially as everyone else on here seems to have lost weight!! although tbf i did get to uni lighter than i normally was. even so, id say im atleast 4lbs over my average weight. sadtimessssss
For some reason I always tend to come home from uni either many pounds heavier or at least the same, but this term I've lost well over a stone! Without even trying! And it's weird cos I swear I've been eating nothing but crap...!! Oh well, must be doing something right...!
Reply 56
I think I've put on about half a stone or a little less, due to not walking a mile and a half to college and back every weekday and now walking about 100m to my lectures if I'm feeling lazy. Also due to unhealthy snacking. I'm going to exercise more when I get back though. Although all my friends insist that they can't tell, but my weight fluctuates a lot anyway (up to 5lb a week sometimes) so I guess I'm not that fussed. I don't want to put anymore on though.
Reply 57
I've lost like 3/4 of a stone, but i swear i'm fatter now. Like a dress that fitted me before i quite tight now, how does that work?
I've lost weight due to eating less and walking more.
Not sure how much I've lost because I haven't weighed myself but I can tell I have because it's come off my boobs. Not the first place I'd choose to lose from :rolleyes:
Reply 59
Original post by DavidR1991
I'm guessing I've probably gone from scraping 8 stone to just under it. I definitely seem thinner, but I lack scales to test.

(I'm a short guy, by the way. Hence the weight)

I'm short too, but I weight 11st

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending