The Student Room Group

PGCE Assessment Day - Manchester Uni- Presentation

I've been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on the following-

‘Reflecting back to your experience at school (any key stage) discuss one teacher that you think was an effective professional and how you think their influence might affect your developing role in a classroom’.

From this should i assume that they mean my experience at school as a pupil or my experience assisting at a school??

probably really obvious but i've read the topic so many times now that ive confused myself. :confused:
Reply 1
That is confusing. Hmm. I would suggest that it means during YOUR time at school. But not sure to be honest. I would have thought referring back to your recent work experience would have been more relevant? Perhaps give them a call and ask exactly what is required. Good luck!
It's more than likely you as a student, they want you to step into what it was like to be a student and how it helped you to learn, so you can be a reflective practitioner :smile:

Think of how they kept your attention, their behaviour managements, how they delivered lessons, the work they got you to do (was it varied?) etc

Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for your help, ill have another look at it. I thought it'd probably mean my time as a student but was left a little confused.
Hi, I have been in the same position as you and has the same question for my presentation, which they told me went really well!

My interview was on the 25th on November and I was offered a place about four days ago! :-) So for the interview I would recommend you talk about a teacher that taught you at school and what you think you can learn from him/her!

Good luck!
Reply 5
Thanks, just been putting the finishing touches to the presentation. getting very nervous now.. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
just make sure that ur confident in delivering ur presentation as that is what there after the most, i.e. that you are comfortable, can speak clearly, are engaging etcetc, i did the same one at manc and got offered a place, good luck and we may see u next year!!
p.s. revise for the maths!!!!!!!!
Original post by olio
I've been asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on the following-

‘Reflecting back to your experience at school (any key stage) discuss one teacher that you think was an effective professional and how you think their influence might affect your developing role in a classroom’.

From this should i assume that they mean my experience at school as a pupil or my experience assisting at a school??

probably really obvious but i've read the topic so many times now that ive confused myself. :confused:

Hi I have the same topic myself and wondered if you could give me examples or advice I keep deleting everything I write I'm so nervous. :frown:
I'd really appreciate the help.
Original post by anunez
just make sure that ur confident in delivering ur presentation as that is what there after the most, i.e. that you are comfortable, can speak clearly, are engaging etcetc, i did the same one at manc and got offered a place, good luck and we may see u next year!!
p.s. revise for the maths!!!!!!!!

Hiya,
I have an interview at manchester uni with the same presentation
Reflecting back to your experience at school AS A PUPIL (any key stage) discuss one teacher that you think was an effective professional and how you think their influence might affect your developing role in a classroom.
I wondered if you could gie me a few examples of what to include? a plan perhaps? It's just I have a few ideas but I'm so nervous I keep on deleting everything I write. It's in a few days I know I've left it late but its so much pressure. :frown:

I would appreciate your advice thank you x
Talk about a teacher you enjoyed learning from and achieved success with. Reflect on their teaching methods and why they were successful ... What would you take forward from their teaching... I would select a teacher who used up to date methodology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending