The Student Room Group
Reply 1
what topic is your NAB on ?
I had one last tuesday on population and the urban topic
Reply 2
Economic: Gross Domestic Product per capita, Average Annual Income per capita, energy consumption per capita, Percentage of working population employed ie. in
Primary sector. Take two and basically say what they are/measure and link it with the map

ie. Far more people in Developing Countries are employed in Primary activities since many are still subsistence farmers and there is often a lack of opportunities in the Secondary and Tertiary sectors. Nowadays farming is more capital in MEDCs – rather than labour-intensive.

Social: adult literacy rates, average life expectancy at birth, infant mortality rates per 1000 live births, number of persons per doctor

ie. Adult literacy rates show the percentage of the adult population who are able to read and write which, providing a measure of educational achievement/provision in a country. EMDCs would be expected to have a high figure reflecting compulsory primary and secondary schooling whilst the LEDCs would be characterised by lower figures.
FuturePilot
Hey,

have my NAB tomorrow and need some help :o:
I'm working through past papers and I am not too sure about what to put for this question:

Describe clearly two economic and two social indicators of
development which could be used to produce a map such as this. [8 marks]
(The map just shows different countries and their HDI, by the way)

Thanks in advance!

Is this for Development and Health?
Reply 4
U should do Advanced Geography. The first month of it is pretty fun. Then it gets serious but it is still pretty fun and an interesting course. Good luck with ur NAB. I never done that unit.
Reply 5
sbarrie2
U should do Advanced Geography. The first month of it is pretty fun. Then it gets serious but it is still pretty fun and an interesting course. Good luck with ur NAB. I never done that unit.

I am thinking about doing advance geography in 6th year but I don't my school does it and there are only 10 people doing higher atm :frown:
Reply 6
stefany-a
I am thinking about doing advance geography in 6th year but I don't my school does it and there are only 10 people doing higher atm :frown:

No harm in asking about it, there were only 4 people in my AH class. If you're enjoying higher it's worth it, being able to go out in the field and collect your own data and study topics that interest you is great.
stefany-a

Could you not travel to a another school for that? Some people in my school go to a local school for advanced chemistry.
Reply 8
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! I've been revising for prelims and we have so much material to learn. How is everyone revising?
Reply 9
Lulope
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! I've been revising for prelims and we have so much material to learn. How is everyone revising?

Yeah, the biggest problem people seem to have is with the time limit and the questions ask for a lot of information, so you need to allow a set time for each question.

I usually revise by writing out a final, full mark answer and memorizing by reading and writing it out numerous times. Start simple with key words that summarise the description which should make you remember the rest of the section. Draw diagrams and annotate as you go along too as you can usually see it you've missed out an important point.

Latest

Trending

Trending