Woo :p: and yes, I'll agree about the Thatcher thing... :rolleyes:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Toff.
Reply 82
I recieved an offer from Trent but I think Nottingham has the highest reputation.

I'd rather go to Trent for one simple reason: they dont do my course in nottingham :smile:.
Reply 83
Lol at them, their uni is **** :ahee:
The social life in Nottingham is amazing anyway, so if you actually have a choice between the 2 (i.e. you're clever enough to get the grades of Nottingham), go there! Choosing Trent would be like me choosing Leeds Met over Leeds Uni, a ridiculous decision!
Nottingham pisses on Trent all day long...

I've noticied that Trent students are even embrassed to admit they go there. Whenever you ask one, they usaully just reply "Nottingham", leaving you to have to prompt them to admit which one it is...
EssexDan86
The social life in Nottingham is amazing anyway, so if you actually have a choice between the 2 (i.e. you're clever enough to get the grades of Nottingham), go there! Choosing Trent would be like me choosing Leeds Met over Leeds Uni, a ridiculous decision!

Not if you major in art, some famous arts people went to trent, including Noble and Webster
Obviously Nottingham..
Reply 88
Reading this thread makes me sad, I'm from a middle class background, went to a grammar school, got good grades, and I'm applying to polys because they don't do my course at more prestigious unis. I don't like that people assume I'm a chav and don't have good grades, and I don't like the constant reinforcement of Trent being second best. The rivalry can be very intimidating.
Craig_D
After being called a "Red brick ****", "Beeston scum" and told "I'd rather be a poly than a ****" more times than I can count I'm losing the will the care. So by chanting that I'd be no better than them, well, they're going to do it anyway. They called me names before I even considered calling them back, trust me, they're worse.

Compare, if you will:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=200261174496
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=search&gid=335243810356

They're just being defensive to our attacks?

Cry more?

It's banter- take it with a pinch of salt.
Reply 90
I recieved a full time offer from Sheffield but turned it down for Nottingham Trent. I know Trent is god awful in comparison, but the simple fact was, Trent did the part-time course I needed. My employer pays for my part-time degree. So even though I do feel slightly bad that I'll never have the 'good degree' reputation, I'm quite happy. Afterall, all this 'you'll never get a job' **** is ********. I'm already on a full time wage which increases plus bonus and the degrees just a development tool leading to an even better salary.

Screw the toff/chav argument!
Reply 91
Some more Notts vs Trent banter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE3myZowOSY

WAHEY!!!
Reply 92
Oh seriously....
At the end of the day getting a degree is down to the individual in question and not ultimately based on the University they attend!
I go to Trent and I like the fact that the Uni is pretty much in the centre of the city. I see people from main Notts on nights out and, in my experience, its always friendly banter between the two Uni's.
And that video is completely different to how I've found NTU... there's barely any chavs (I guess as many as you get at any other University!)
Reply 93
I don't get it.. Has the world come to this? If your getting a better degree "IDK how" fair enough, but if im paying tons of money to study at "trent" what gives you the right to say that my degree is useless compared to other people with no degree? Just because you pay tuition doesnt mean you will "Pass" your degree.. to get a degree you must study, and for that sake we are all in the same boat.. and the girl who had no glasses who saw thongs across the road, what happens when you wear your glasses? you can look into the future? :biggrin: My Little Ramble!
MartialLaw
I don't get it.. Has the world come to this? If your getting a better degree "IDK how" fair enough, but if im paying tons of money to study at "trent" what gives you the right to say that my degree is useless compared to other people with no degree? Just because you pay tuition doesnt mean you will "Pass" your degree.. to get a degree you must study, and for that sake we are all in the same boat.. and the girl who had no glasses who saw thongs across the road, what happens when you wear your glasses? you can look into the future? :biggrin: My Little Ramble!

Freudian slip?
Reply 95
MartialLaw

There is no need to take the piss.
TRENT ARMY !!!

I find it all hilarious.
Reply 97
Redders13
this argument is quite ridiculous..from my understanding, a chav is someone who doesn't have a job and is on the doll etc, therefore surely they wouldn't even get into sixth form, let alone uni??
and about this 'better degree' and 'better job/more money' lark..my aunty went to lancaster, uncle went to manchester met..he's making more money!
catch my drift? x

Lol brilliant, living up the stereotype completely - a posh girl doing art history at notts doesn't even know what a chav is.
Reply 98
Nottingham Uni of course!

I was at Gatecrasher before and a lad asked me and my friend 'Which uni do you go?' We said Nott uni and he told us that we looked like 'Trent Girls'

LoL
Reply 99
Barny
I find it funny that Trent's tagline is "Where the fit people go" when that's simply not true in my experience. UoN is full of absolutely beautiful girls, who aren't chavtastic and who have a bit of grey matter. Trent is full of fat, ugly chavs that couldn't tell you who the prime minister is.

What a load of bull.
You get the odd fat, ugly chav at every single University in the country even main Notts.
I go to NTU... that doesnt make me or any of my friends/housemates fat, ugly chavs and we know who the Prime Minister is.

In my experience banter between the students from the two Uni's on a night out is harmless. Everyone who takes it way too seriously and gets plain rude just take the fun out of it completely.
Yes you go to Nottingham Uni, so yes that probably does mean you got higher A levels than us Trent students. But no that doesnt mean we're going to get crap degrees and not get anywhere in life.

Latest

Trending

Trending