The Student Room Group

Graduate Admissions??

Hi Forum,

I was just wondering whether anyone out there knows about the graduate admissions process ie how strict it is etc.. I am interested in applying for an MPhil in the Social and Developmental Psychology.

Although I just missed the 2.1 category(due to personal reasons), I have got an

MSc in Health Psychology with Merit
and
MSc in Research Methods in Psychology with Merit at UCL,

I have also published 3 articles in journals (1 of which I am the lead author and 2 of which are peer reviewed)

Do you think I have a chance???? Any comments much appreciated!!!

Simba
x
Reply 1
I'm not entirely sure about further study, however I understand that arts students here are told that they need at least a 1st at BA in order to qualify for further study at Cambridge. That said, you have a strong record so it's worth contacting the Admissions Office to find out their view on your personal situation. I think there can be more flexibility if you are able to self-fund.
Reply 2
Ticki
I'm not entirely sure about further study, however I understand that arts students here are told that they need at least a 1st at BA in order to qualify for further study at Cambridge.

is that including Cambridge undergrads? most of the mphil offers i've heard about seem to have been 2.i minimum, although some have been 65%, etc.
Reply 3
Yeah, I've just heard that offers start at 65% but the advice everyone's given is that they should be aiming for 1sts. Again, I'm not sure whether that's just to qualify for extra funding or a general recommendation. :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending