The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought the staff choose who gets the roll.

It's daft really... you could have just been a prefect but in your personal statement or something you could say you were head boy and no one would know better. OOh cheeky :biggrin:
I don't think you'd get away with it, especially if you go to your school's sixth form, because a teacher has to check it.
Reply 22
I was Head Girl last year, students and teachers had to vote who they wanted. I do think that it is a popularity contest to some extent as there were a couple of girls who had a lot better speeches than me but i still got it coz i was the most well known.

I loved being Head Girl, you get so much recognition and can make bigger and better changes to your school. The biggest chore for the "Heads" is to organise the 6th form ball. we had ours 2 days ago, and it was great!! ... even if i do say so myself :biggrin:

Definately go for the head position, even if you dont get it, you can write on your personal statement that you were an applicant which is a great thing in itself.

xxx
Reply 23
my old school tried to get me to stay when i was in year 9 by saying id be head girl in year 11 but i left anyway!
Reply 24
my cousins school is weird they nominate themselves if they wanna be house captains (no head boys of girls, but heads of each house school is huge thats why 2600people) and they people vote talk about popularity contest.

our school on the other hand pick the head boy and two deputies then pick the 17 senior prefects and run by heads boy and deputies but they cant exactly cahnge it lol and then thats it lol its up to the teachers and its about academics, socials, sports and music involvements.
Reply 25
has any1 actually been/are head boy/girl and are enjoying it?

Latest

Trending

Trending