The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Hidden costs of catered hall living...

I was thinking last night that there must be a few hidden costs beyond the £3500+ you pay for living in catered halls such as Wills. I'm not thinking of books and academic costs but of costs such as Internet connection, Phone calls blah blah blah...

Anyone have any information on these or advice? Plus, these halls provide B'fast and Dinner, I plan to always skip lunch... has anyone actually practically done that or am I deceiving myself?
Reply 1
You pay for internet connections at all the halls, it was £55 for the last academic year. For phone calls you need to get a card that lets you dial external numbers from your room phone, never used it myself.

The halls don't provide lunch because nobody's about then normally, and its a 40 minute walk to uni (from Stoke Bishop that is) so people aren't going to come back for it. In Badock we had a microwave, fridge and two hobs in the kitchen, so its easy enough to make yourself something.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
factorialguru
I was thinking last night that there must be a few hidden costs beyond the £3500+ you pay for living in catered halls such as Wills. I'm not thinking of books and academic costs but of costs such as Internet connection, Phone calls blah blah blah...

Anyone have any information on these or advice? Plus, these halls provide B'fast and Dinner, I plan to always skip lunch... has anyone actually practically done that or am I deceiving myself?

you wont want to skip lunch believe me. as a student u will have skipped breakfast already.

Latest

Trending

Trending