The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
pencilsharpener
How embarrassing! He must have got soaked :frown: Mine is so much worse than that though!

I'll probably never be forgiven for saying this, but here we go....last week my best friend (of some 13 years) was going through hell with her boyfriend, and she rang me at 1am in the morning (of all times) to rant and rave about him (after I'd been for a few drinks and was a little bit tipsy!) Seeing as she is my best friend, I wanted to help her all I could, and give her the advice I know she'd give me if I were to find myself in the same situation as her. However, after we'd been on the phone for about an hour and a half, I found myself needing to go desperately for a No.2 (the loos are at the other end of the block), but I couldn't just leave her hanging on the end of the phone, as she was in full flow and needed to talk to me. I then thought nothing would happen if I went in my knickers, but as soon as I did it I KNEW that I'd made a BIG MISTAKE, and clearing up afterwards took me an age...it is something I will, never, ever, be repeating again, but that is what a tipsy mind can do to you....:eek: :eek: :eek:
You deliberately **** yourself? Pos rep soon :yy:
Reply 21
This is while visiting a friend at uni, so don't know if it counts, but here goes...

While at the RocSoc, I got just a tiny bit too drunk, so I kinda ended up flailing around a bit before collapsing outside. Hospital was called. When I got there, I started in the public ward, and they ended up having to move me because I wouldn't stop shouting that I was the Maud'dib/Paul Atreides/the Emperor (had been reading Dune over the last week lol) and that they should all bow down to me etc.

Next day, after staying in bed for most of it, we decided in the evening that I was just about well enough to go watch a film at the Sci-Fi Society. About halfway through, wasn't feeling too good, so I went to find the nearest toilet. Unfortunately, this wasn't my uni so I had no idea where the hell I was going. By the time I found a door to the men's room (lady's was nowhere in sight!) it was a bit too late - vomited as I was going through the door and into the first cubicle, then ended up moving to a different one because the first was so bad. Went back to the film, and a cleaner came in looking quite unhappy to ask if anyone had been sick. Needless to say, I stayed silent. :p:
This thread is genius!

I don't have any big embarressing story to tell (should I be happy or sad about that?), but loads of smaller ones!! Like once at work I dropped a bottle of sambuca on my head while replacing it on the optic in front of a million drunk freshers lol... and another time I was talking about how hot someone (a lecturer) was while he was stood behind me. Bad times.
pencilsharpener
How embarrassing! He must have got soaked :frown: Mine is so much worse than that though!

I'll probably never be forgiven for saying this, but here we go....last week my best friend (of some 13 years) was going through hell with her boyfriend, and she rang me at 1am in the morning (of all times) to rant and rave about him (after I'd been for a few drinks and was a little bit tipsy!) Seeing as she is my best friend, I wanted to help her all I could, and give her the advice I know she'd give me if I were to find myself in the same situation as her. However, after we'd been on the phone for about an hour and a half, I found myself needing to go desperately for a No.2 (the loos are at the other end of the block), but I couldn't just leave her hanging on the end of the phone, as she was in full flow and needed to talk to me. I then thought nothing would happen if I went in my knickers, but as soon as I did it I KNEW that I'd made a BIG MISTAKE, and clearing up afterwards took me an age...it is something I will, never, ever, be repeating again, but that is what a tipsy mind can do to you....:eek: :eek: :eek:

I would have to be a hell of alot more than tipsy so **** myself so my friend can rant on the phone. Brilliant
Reply 24
I've made a great impression in my halls :rolleyes: The other week I came in at like 7am after having a pretty mad night out, embarrassingly enough I was still totally out of it. I don't remember the following but I guess I was peckish and decided to make pasta.. but must of 'forgot' (?!) to put water in the pan, but I put it on the heat. My flatmate was getting up to go to the library or something and she said she smelt smoke and I was just happily bobbing about the smokey kitchen like 'I'M JUST MAKING PASTA YEAH!' and then the fire alarm started going off.. but I apparently just went to the buzzer for the door and kept saying 'you can come up stop buzzing!!'. Needless to say, the entire halls building had to evacuate.. at 7.30am, everyone just out of bed and me just sitting there like 'I guess I was just making some toast...what's going on?!'. The fire engines came and everything.. and we all had to stay outside for about an hour. Oh god.. I'm still trying to live it down.
Thank god no one hated me for it, they all thought it was the funniest thing in the world and we recently did 'secret santa' in the block, in which I was given a fire extinguisher and some super burnt toast with 'merry xmas' engraved in it. It definiiiiiiitely has taught me not to drink so much though, for sure :o:
Reply 25
Walking into uni a couple of weeks ago, I bumped into one of my lecturers and stopped to talk to her when a hefty gust of wind caught my skirt giving not only her but all the passing drivers and god knows how many other students a flash of my knickers, stocking tops and suspender straps.

Not enough girls wear stockings & suspenders for everyday wear in my opinion... :wink:
Reply 26
H&C
Walking into uni a couple of weeks ago, I bumped into one of my lecturers and stopped to talk to her when a hefty gust of wind caught my skirt giving not only her but all the passing drivers and god knows how many other students a flash of my knickers, stocking tops and suspender straps.

As I was holding some books, I struggled to sort myself out giving plenty of time for pervy whistles and car horns being honked. My lecturer was still laughing when I walked into her class later that day!

Hope I'm not the only one to check if you had a profile photo after reading this:o: . That could have been worse though.

I seem to have avoided embarressing situations so far, with luck that will continue.
Fire alarm going off whilst I was having a shower, thought I smelt smoke and there was a real fire and went outside in my dressing gown with nothing else underneath bar a pair of boxers. I stupidly told my flatmates and they thought it'd be a good idea to distract me and keep flicking up the end of my gown.

Cheers guys.
haha some of these are golden
Reply 29
The only one I remember was turning up to my lecture about 5 mins early. Sitting down about 3 rows from the top of the auditorium and thinking, "Where are 'the guys' today??". Anyway, being the social butterfly that I am, sat next to another girl and introduced myself.

We got to chatting until the lecturer came in and started the class with a Powerpoint that read: "APS 219: Topic 3"...

Too bad I was supposed to be in BMS 157.

Panicked, I debated with myself whether to keep schtum and sit the lecture. Or admit defeat and leave... I eventually chose the latter. Stood and made my way to the front of the hall (the only exit), mumbling a "sorry" to the lecturer - much to the amusement of the entire auditorium.

As I left, I could hear the lecturer ask the rest of the hall, "Anyone else not where they're supposed to be?"

To add insult to well death, I was about 15 mins late for my actual lecture next door and had to do the embarrassing walk of shame to the seat 'the guys' had reserved for me!

Oh the humanity.
Reply 30
pencilsharpener

why didnt u just go on the toilet whilst on the phone? admitedly not the best situation, but essentially better than crapping your pants. does your friend know what her converstaion led to?
I'm gonna keep this short.

Basically, my ex and I went to Aviemore last December with the snowsports club and she - much to my surprise - had ordered a strap-on from the internet and took it with her. So after far too much alcohol we headed upto our room (we weren't sharing, but the snowsports club had booked out the hostel in full so it was only us there) and, well, you don't need the details. Anyway, in the morning we were woken up and told the minibuses would be leaving to go up the hill pretty soon so both terribley hungover we got up and started to get ready and pack our stuff; on packing, we couldn't find the harness part of the strap-on so we assumed we'd thrown it into one of our rucksacks and left the room. A few hours later - sitting infront of a log fire drinking hot Ribena because I was far too hungover to snowboard - we saw one of the minibuses showing up and that was our cue to get our stuff and go out so we'd be on the first bus back home. So we were all standing chatting, having a laugh and stuff then one of the snowsports society members came out with "yeah, we found something that belongs to you two" and laughed; straight away I knew what it was. Back in the bus, he handed us a Tesco bag saying "every little helps, eh?" I was so embarrassed, it was unbelievable, but amazingly neither of us (I'm still at uni and a part of the club, she's not) had the piss taken out of us, nobody brought it up again, nothing at all... not what I expected from a bunch of lads!

I was going to post this anonymously, but what's the point. Plus if I get some rep out of this, then, yay. Hahaha.
We have those chairs folding chairs, and I was collecting a sheet for me and my mate and I end up sitting on the floor (forgetting the chair has already folded upwards :facepalm2:)

Yes everyone laughed :nothing:
Reply 33
I was in the pub at uni after a long day and was standing at the bar waiting to order my drink. There was a large group of guys standing next to me, also ordering, just chatting away. Then I heard one of them say 'This is madness.' On cue, I turned around, looked the guy in the face and yelled 'THIS IS SPAAARTAA' ... and was received to a deathly silence. NONE of them had a clue what I'd just done - they looked at me like I'd just **** myself or something. I just turned around and burried my head in the menu.

I'm still secretly proud though, and I got a high-five off my friend who actually knows the film 300.....
For whoever neg repped me for my post and wasn't big enough to leave their name or any message, I'm just going to assume that you're very narrow-minded. Yay for you!
Reply 35
nnnomi
I was in the pub at uni after a long day and was standing at the bar waiting to order my drink. There was a large group of guys standing next to me, also ordering, just chatting away. Then I heard one of them say 'This is madness.' On cue, I turned around, looked the guy in the face and yelled 'THIS IS SPAAARTAA' ... and was received to a deathly silence. NONE of them had a clue what I'd just done - they looked at me like I'd just sh*t myself or something. I just turned around and burried my head in the menu.

I'm still secretly proud though, and I got a high-five off my friend who actually knows the film 300.....

looooool i can just imagine the awkward silence
I went to a house party with my American Football team-mates, and they all dared me to drink some strange mixture of a drink... If I remember correctly (and I probably don't) there was some Jack Daniel's, Disorono, Frosty Jack's, Budweiser and 7up. I drank it all, and was fine for the next two hours (I decided not to drink any more that night, only water). Me and my team-mates ended up in a free room and they were all playing a drinking game, but I was just watching. Somehow, I ended up lying on the floor and crawling under a table in the room and fell asleep. About half an hour later I woke up and just vomited under the table. Everyone who was still in the room helped me up and got me in a taxi, where I vomited some more...

...great night, though... :holmes:
I drifted of to sleep in a tutorial and was awoken by the noise of myself farting.
terpineol
I drifted of to sleep in a tutorial and was awoken by the noise of myself farting.

Very cringe-worthy! I'd have repped you if I hadn't already used up that wee gem.
Reply 39
I played ring of fire until 4am the once when I had a seminar at 9 that morning. Had to be helped home because I was that far gone, only to get to my room and decide it was a good idea to have a shower!
Somehow managed to get myself into bed, woke up at 8.30 still very drunk, debated whether or not to go to seminar, decided for some reason that it was a good idea to go, went to seminar (have no idea how, have no recollection of the walk there!) About an hour into the seminar I realised I had fallen asleep, had no idea what the seminar leader was on about, but she looked around at everyone on the table and said "well, we're all half asleep today aren't we!?" looking directly at me! I just mouthed "I'm sooooo sorry!" then fell back asleep! Got home, walked into my bathroom and full on slipped over onto my ass. Sucks that my bathroom floods everytime I have a shower :P

Latest