The Student Room Group

Do black people feel colder?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
puma21
its true especially the women. btw this is coming from someone who is black.

Hey... coming from a black woman? Why does your profile say that you're male? IDK.
It's not true for me.

ANYWHO...!

I'm black... Born in London, lived here forever... I HATE the cold and 'm always freezing but that might be because I'm skinny?

I heard skinny people feel the cold more!
mayh3m
You got what I meant :p:

S'pose
Reply 42
ShayCamp
Technicality. And you know what I mean... but trusay, there really isn't, not for them anyway. :wink:

There's not even a technical winter... so i don't know what you're on about... Are you referring to the rainy season? ... Because it's practically the same temperature then... it just rains an awful lot.

By the way... what is 'trusay'?????:confused:
Reply 43
I'm 100% black and I must admit I feel the cold but it's all about the body fat, forget skin it doesn't play too much of a part it's too thin to play a part, skin texture and skin temperature are two completely different things like others may have mentioned.

To put it simply for the feeble minded, a fatter white person will feel less cold than a skinny black person and vice-versa. So no, not much of a difference.
Reply 44
thunder_chunky
S'pose

LOL @ your siggy!!!!!!!! ... Did that actually happen?????:eek:
I'm black, I've lived here all my life but I seem to feel the cold too easily anyway and need to wrap up in many layers. I'm really not that sure if it's to do with skin colour, maybe it's environmental or maybe it's just what your body's like, since very individual is different.
Reply 46
Asha5692
There's not even a technical winter... so i don't know what you're on about... Are you referring to the rainy season? ... Because it's practically the same temperature then... it just rains an awful lot.

By the way... what is 'trusay'?????:confused:

i'm talking about January-time. but I may be wrong, I havent been there for years. but the last time I went there were definite complaints about how cold it was compared to the rest of the year and it was in January.
Btw trusay means...well... that I am agreeing with you and I think what you are saying is true.
KimKong
Hey... coming from a black woman? Why does your profile say that you're male? IDK.
It's not true for me.

ANYWHO...!

I'm black... Born in London, lived here forever... I HATE the cold and 'm always freezing but that might be because I'm skinny?

I heard skinny people feel the cold more!

Yes, exactly the same for me. I think that's what it is, your body fat as opposed to skin colour.
Asha5692
LOL @ your siggy!!!!!!!! ... Did that actually happen?????:eek:

You mean the quote? That was a genuine thread. It didn't last for long but it was a genuine thread.
Reply 49
Deano-101
But their skin is thicker right? So they should conduct the heat better :s

That's why there are no black swimmers.

Interesting. Do you suppose that black skin is darker because it's more opaque?
as a brown person i feel left out, its always black or white what about the people in between. i would feel a lot better if some has a racist brown joke (not really just in case a jackass try to send me one).

Its clearly the environment your in, damm only if michael jackson was alive we could ask him
Asha5692
Um... The very darkest skin has about spf 13... Black people CAN get skin cancer!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5219752.stm

I didn't mean it so literally.
Deano-101
But their skin is thicker right? So they should conduct the heat better :s

That's why there are no black swimmers.

Yes because were heavier.
Reply 53
thunder_chunky
You mean the quote? That was a genuine thread. It didn't last for long but it was a genuine thread.

I know that this may seem rude.. but I can't stop laughing!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: ... That made my day!!!!
Reply 54
:cool:
AidanLunn
I didn't mean it so literally.

Yes but you said that black people can't get skin cancer. Even if you were approximating... that is so incredibly incorrect! Black people need sunscreen like everyone else...
Maximum Velocity
Yes because were heavier.

Denser bones, I think.
Asha5692
I know that this may seem rude.. but I can't stop laughing!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: ... That made my day!!!!

Glad to hear it! I laughed hard when I saw that too!
dunno, but I am from the middle east and I am constantly freezing in this weather, my house is contsantly kept at a nice..30 degrees, anything below 20...and its freezing to me, but then again, I m perfectly fine and enjoy temps of up to 50-ish C, whereas a white guy would be melting
Reply 58
thunder_chunky
Glad to hear it! I laughed hard when I saw that too!

OMG!! I was talking to my mum, and burst out laughing again when it popped back into my head. I called my friend and told her and she's been laughing ever since! Thank you so much!
No, obviously not.

If a person is from a hot country and moves to a colder one after being used to a hotter country then sure maybe but they aren't genetically programmed to feel colder...

Quick Reply

Latest