The Student Room Group

Sorry - Yet another A-level options thread..

After the Christmas holidays, I have to give in my college application and although I know can change the subjects I've put down, I just thought I'd get some advice. I want to study: English Lit, History, Poltics and either Economics or Geography. However, I don't know which one to choose between the latter. I haven't done Geography GCSE, but I'm still interested by it and for some reason I took art instead (what was I thinking?! :mad: ). There's no way I'm going to take both, so I need to decide, obviously I'm not going to base it on just what the replies are; I just know no one who's done Geography A-level and from what I've heard Economics is pretty good...The board is WJEC. :smile:
blondie :)
After the Christmas holidays, I have to give in my college application and although I know can change the subjects I've put down, I just thought I'd get some advice. I want to study: English Lit, History, Poltics and either Economics or Geography. However, I don't know which one to choose between the latter. I haven't done Geography GCSE, but I'm still interested by it and for some reason I took art instead (what was I thinking?! :mad: ). There's no way I'm going to take both, so I need to decide, obviously I'm not going to base it on just what the replies are; I just know no one who's done Geography A-level and from what I've heard Economics is pretty good...The board is WJEC. :smile:

Well, my personal leaning would be towards Economics - it's a very good fit with the rest of your choices and is very much a respected subject amongst employers/universities (though I'll admit to having little knowledge of the Geography A-level). Have you given any thought to whether you'd like to apply to university after taking your A-levels, and if so do you have any thoughts about what subject you might like to study at that level? This might help to inform your choice. :smile:
Either will be fine.

Personally I would go for economics, as I find it more interesting. Ultimately, you should go for the one you think ou will enjoy most.

As mentioned above, knowing what you want to study at uni can help inform your choice although neither subject, to my knowledge, is a prerequisite for any degree.... although geog may be one for itself.
I fully support the notion of you doing what you would enjoy the most.
I think you should do more research - look on the exam boards and read the specification/syllabus for each and then decide whch you think you'd like the most. :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you! :smile:

I'm swaying more towards doing History at Uni, however it could all change once I get to college. I think I'll take a good look on the exam boards each subject is on and also on the next college open day in February. :smile:

Latest