The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes you can go to the second semester and you better improve, you are allowed to resit the failed modules. How did you manage to fail the first semester anyway, did you have exams so early(a bit unusual) or you did bad in all of your assignments?
Reply 2
cybergrad
Yes you can go to the second semester and you better improve, you are allowed to resit the failed modules. How did you manage to fail the first semester anyway, did you have exams so early(a bit unusual) or you did bad in all of your assignments?

i did bad in all my assignments, havent done the exams yet though.
but i practically did i crap job, talking less than 40%
and i did not have an additional module which is compulsory. basically screwed.
lustina
i did bad in all my assignments, havent done the exams yet though.
but i practically did i crap job, talking less than 40%
and i did not have an additional module which is compulsory. basically screwed.

To be honest if your struggling to just get 40% even with no effort then your going to struggle throughout uni. It also looks like you dont really give a crap which is great because at the end of your degree when you scrape a 2:2/3 youll actually learn what a fool you were.
Reply 4
yoyo462001
To be honest if your struggling to just get 40% even with no effort then your going to struggle throughout uni. It also looks like you dont really give a crap which is great because at the end of your degree when you scrape a 2:2/3 youll actually learn what a fool you were.

its not struggling in terms of my academic/mental abilities. its more to do with my motivation & organisational skills. i care, which is why im worrying and trying to find out what to do next. i already know what a fool i've been.
lustina
its not struggling in terms of my academic/mental abilities. its more to do with my motivation & organisational skills. i care, which is why im worrying and trying to find out what to do next. i already know what a fool i've been.

What you need to do is get off TSR and start talking to you personal tutor, work out how your going to do that extra module and start working. its not like someone on TSR is going to magically wave a wand and things will be better. It also depends on how lenient your uni is and how they work out if you pass or fail a year/semester. Email your tutor..
Reply 6
They are not gonna kick you out yet, there are procedures in place for this kind of things, most likely you will be called for an interview to explain yourself and how you are planning to make things improve. If after the interview you are still making the same mistakes a more serious interview will take place and if the university thinks it is too late for you to improve then you will be asked to withdraw. But you are pushing it too far if this happens again.
I think it also depends on what uni you go to, I've already had the exams for this semester and people who haven't passed them got a second chance to re-take on Jan. But if they fail again, we've been told they'll get kicked out :dunno:
Its worth talking to your personal tutor about it though :wink:
good luck
Reply 8
yoyo462001
What you need to do is get off TSR and start talking to you personal tutor, work out how your going to do that extra module and start working. its not like someone on TSR is going to magically wave a wand and things will be better. It also depends on how lenient your uni is and how they work out if you pass or fail a year/semester. Email your tutor..

thank you, i will do so now.
Reply 9
thank you all!
i'll email my tutor and see how that goes. fingers crossed.
i've learned my lesson.
Reply 10
So will they allow me to change the course I failed to the other course

Latest

Trending

Trending