The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Can they do this?

UCL recently rejected me from reading Mechanical Engineering.
Their reasons, however, were pretty objective:
Quoting decision letter:
"Regrettably, the qualifications that you are studying do not meet the entry requirements for this programme of study at UCL."
Later, upon requesting a feedback report, the admissions officer bluntly stated that I am studying SL Mathematics and the minimum requirement is HL Math. This is true and I have no objections. However, I did declare that I will be taking A Level Maths independently which is also the minimum entry requirement. The problem, however, may be that I don't have a prediction for it as it is self-arranged.

Is it a mistake? Is it worth contacting them again?

Cheers
Reply 1
you got rejected, live with it man ffs
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
You can go back to them and remind them of this. Really stress to them and beg and plead. I knwo someone that did that and they got in in the end.
Reply 3
that does seem a bit harsh, so i'd say it's worth ringing them. May as well try!
Good luck
Reply 4
if it's worth giving it another try
BUT
be ready, cuz they might sternly tell you that that's their decision and deal with it
or if you are able to articulatley and concisely explain, they may reconsider
best wishes to you
As other people have said, there is no harm in contacting them. You can't make things any worse in doing so. However, don't get your hopes up. Good luck though!
Reply 6
I'll take your advice. I think i'll call em up to see what they have to offer (:p: literally)

thanks guys!

Latest

Trending

Trending