The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Monaco's backing of the group is gladly appreciated.
Reply 21
There has been an ongoing debate as to the undertaking of Operation Mubistava by President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe. Now Ireland cannot ignore the activites of the police in that country but as a group the UN is powerless to act as it cannot involve itself with the internal affaris of membe rcountries. I know my colleague from Monaco has been very active in his campaign to have somehting done about this situation due to the extreme human rights abuses there.
Reply 22
Switzerland wishes to support and join other countries in the European Union.
Reply 23
aiman
Switzerland wishes to support and join other countries in the European Union.

What do you mean? Switzerland isn't in the European Union, and the European Centralists do not represent the European Union.
Reply 24
I think the representative form Switzerland meant join with other countries which are part of the EU, we have no ties with the EU and do not wish to mirror them
Monaco has been suitably chastened, shall we say, and reminded principally by China that the motion tabled regarding Zimbabwe was not actually legal under the UN charter. Oops.

Forcibly dragging ourselves back on topic, however, we see no reason why a country roughly in the centre of both Europe and the political spectrum should not be a European Centralist if they wish to.
Reply 26
Agent Smith
Monaco has been suitably chastened, shall we say, and reminded principally by China that the motion tabled regarding Zimbabwe was not actually legal under the UN charter. Oops.

well it brought the issue to the forefront of everyones mind and we were able to gauge international feeling towards Zimbabwe, + i would have done exactly the same thing as you in the end.
I'm taking some serious flak from China. We think she's trying to make us feel small and unimportant, whereas the reality is clearly that Monaco's mighty Imperial war machine (see recent posts on Zimbabwe Take Three) has China quaking in her boots.
Reply 28
Moanco - watch it :p:
Ahahahahaha. :boxing:
Reply 30
Who am I in that one?
Reply 31
Dear Secretry General,

It would be my pleasure to invite you to a boxing match with our European Centralist representative : Agent Smith. The time is now the place is here. The prize, should you win, will be a luxury yacht of your choice from our esteemed representative's harbour. The prize should Agent Smith win would be to take your position of Supreme Ruler of the World.

Many thanks, the ever bloodthirsty Irish.

:wink: :p: :biggrin: :fight:
Reply 32
Hmmmmmm, I dont think Ill be accepting that - Im happy being Supreme Overlord of the Earth
Reply 33
deej2
Hmmmmmm, I dont think Ill be accepting that - Im happy being Supreme Overlord of the Earth

Looks like we didnt need a boxing match after all :p: Nice to see an old EC member up there in the big time. Hope fully under the MUN II we could carry on helping each other in debates and issues and carry on our international agreement.
THAT's how we should have sorted it out. None of that namby-pamby democracy cr*p, just a good old-fashioned melée - last man standing gets the post!

Don't worry, that's not going to be my modus operandi as SG.
Reply 35
Awww!
Not for the likes of yow, anyway! In the event of an unresolvable crisis between, say, China and the US then yes, a duel would be a novel alternative to global thermonuclear conflict.
Reply 37
Ireland would like to offers its services and apply to host the UN World Conflict Games in 2010 between China and the US, being able to offer sports such as Jousting, Binge Drinking, Cycling, Swimming, Hurling and many more all in suitable standardised stadia with close proximity to accomodation in the rennovated St James Gate Brewery.
Britain (whoever ends up getting her) will scream and shout (EDIT: drunkenly, of course) to demand entry to the Binge Drinking contest, you know it...

...or she'll send her mighty, poorly-disciplined army of unruly fans to lay waste to the centres of all your major cities.

All your stadia are belong to us.
Reply 39
Hmm never thought about the possibility of Britain entering.... on second thoughts the nominal representative from Ireland retracts the above offer.

Latest