The Student Room Group

i hate life

er.. yea doesn't life seem to suck?

i wake up and i feel good for nothing. i go to bed feeling like i haven't accomplished anything.

i... just hate it all. just bored with it now. life is just extremely crap. i dunno. i don't know what i'm going to do with my life. i want to move. i can't live where i am. its just dull. and i don't like it very much. every day of my life.. so far.. has been like looking over the edge of a cliff.

I just hate life. there isn't much more that i can say.

Count your blessings... you could live a life like mine. its hard for me to say just how crap it is. some people never worry. never doubt. i wonder how they would cope in my shoes. they say you only get one life. what if you get a really **** one?
Never give up hope! A few couple of years ago i went though mild depression where i kept on thinking exactly the same things. Bored to death. Like nothing was worth anything. That life was all some kind of sick joke with no escape apart from death.
But let me tell you this- the world has so much to offer. There are always different opportunities to "escape" whatever situation you are currently in.
I remember i also drifted away from my friends and it has been the only time in my life where being lonely didn't matter. Because nothing mattered.
Now this may seem cheesy but i only started to think that maybe i could be some use until i started to help other people, in simple ways. And that is really the essence of what brought me back to the real world, but as a new person. I found pleasure in the simple things. And that is what you HAVE to do.
At the time i didnt have any passions. Now i have so many its unreal! I found pleasure in have early walks in the sunrise, learning more about the world i live in and its beauty etc. I realized, I can be some use.

When i realized this, i began to believe im worthwhile again. There ARE people who love you just the way you are, and would desperately miss you if you went.

I dont know how old you are, so this might not yet be possible, but go travelling! If you cant go abroad, then see parts of your country. Explore. And if youre like i was, and you want to be alone, then thats not a bad thing. Go by yourself if you cant face socializing.
If youre still in school, then you can meet new people at colleges, or start going to a local youth club or try something new. Basically you need to find a passion, and i hope i dont scare you by saying that because i would have probably thought at the time, well i dont have any! But everybody has a passion - and it can be the weirdest thing ever (one of mine is volcanoes and volcanology- dont judge me!!)

Life is a chance. If it seems ****, trust me, it will change and there is an escape. Just please dont lose hope.

hope this helped.
I guarantee your life is better than mine OP, so take consolation from that.

Chin up.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

i wake up and i feel good for nothing. i go to bed feeling like i haven't accomplished anything.

i... just hate it all. just bored with it now. life is just extremely crap. i dunno. i don't know what i'm going to do with my life. i want to move. i can't live where i am. its just dull. and i don't like it very much. every day of my life.. so far.. has been like looking over the edge of a cliff.

Count your blessings... you could live a life like mine. its hard for me to say just how crap it is. some people never worry. never doubt. i wonder how they would cope in my shoes. they say you only get one life. what if you get a really **** one?

You could try to reach 6 stars in real life?
Reply 4

Sounds like you;'re suffering from depression. Very cliché advice, but talk to you GP and arrange counselling, or CBT (Cognitive behavior therapy). That helps you think in a more positive way, and is extremely helpful. I don't know what your life is like, but chances are, in the next few years, things will be different. Good things come and go, and so do bad things. "The only thing that stays the same is that things always change" :smile:

EDIT: Just noticed that this thread is from 2009 and has been revived for some reason. I hope things are better now, though I doubt you still will be using the student room
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by rachelbutler
Never give up hope! A few couple of years ago i went though mild depression where i kept on thinking exactly the same things. Bored to death. Like nothing was worth anything. That life was all some kind of sick joke with no escape apart from death.
But let me tell you this- the world has so much to offer. There are always different opportunities to "escape" whatever situation you are currently in.
I remember i also drifted away from my friends and it has been the only time in my life where being lonely didn't matter. Because nothing mattered.
Now this may seem cheesy but i only started to think that maybe i could be some use until i started to help other people, in simple ways. And that is really the essence of what brought me back to the real world, but as a new person. I found pleasure in the simple things. And that is what you HAVE to do.
At the time i didnt have any passions. Now i have so many its unreal! I found pleasure in have early walks in the sunrise, learning more about the world i live in and its beauty etc. I realized, I can be some use.

When i realized this, i began to believe im worthwhile again. There ARE people who love you just the way you are, and would desperately miss you if you went.

I dont know how old you are, so this might not yet be possible, but go travelling! If you cant go abroad, then see parts of your country. Explore. And if youre like i was, and you want to be alone, then thats not a bad thing. Go by yourself if you cant face socializing.
If youre still in school, then you can meet new people at colleges, or start going to a local youth club or try something new. Basically you need to find a passion, and i hope i dont scare you by saying that because i would have probably thought at the time, well i dont have any! But everybody has a passion - and it can be the weirdest thing ever (one of mine is volcanoes and volcanology- dont judge me!!)

Life is a chance. If it seems ****, trust me, it will change and there is an escape. Just please dont lose hope.

hope this helped.

Why did you revive a thread that is 2+ years old? :lolwut:
Reply 6

Dude I think you're just like a lot of people. Too smart to accept the life we're told we should live.

I'm gonna guess you're under 21? Either way. PM me if you wanna talk.
Reply 7

I just want to ask u this Qs "which is long than sex and the city movie".

Do you have a family?
Do you belive in God ?
Do you have friends?
DO you have accommodation, shelter when u cover under
DO you go to Uni and had learning something from school ?
Do you have passport
DO you have bank account ?
MY answer to those Qs is 32% I do.

Who are you?
What are you passionate about?
What are the achievements you are most proud of?
What are you most grateful for in life?
What are the most important things to you in life?
How would you describe yourself?
What are your values? What do you represent? What do you want to embody?

Do you love yourself?
Why or Why not?
How can you love yourself more today?
What is your ideal self? What does it mean to be your highest self?
Look at your life now. Are you living the life of your dreams?
If you have one year left to live, what would you do?
If you have one month left to live, what would you do?
What opportunities are you looking for?
How can you create these opportunities?
What are your biggest goals and dreams?
What are the biggest things you’ve learned in life to date?
This thread is over 4 years old

Latest

Trending

Trending