Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

need help with driv ing test/nerves

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been driving about 7 months and am very capable of passing my driving test, my instructor and dad cannot fault me usually when driving, however I have failed 2 tests for the worst reasons, such as I started driving up the wrong side of a dual carriage way on my first test and drove through a red light on my second both of which I have never done before I think my failures are down to nerves. Could anybody offer any advice or suggestions so I dont fail my next test as it is costing me all of my earnings! thankyou
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    EXAGGERATE EVERYTHING !!!
    Whilst looking in the mirror, turn your whole head and not just your eyes lol
    hope this helps.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_one)
    EXAGGERATE EVERYTHING !!!
    Whilst looking in the mirror, turn your whole head and not just your eyes lol
    hope this helps.
    thankyou but I dont get many minors in my test just very serios majours! lol how frustrating
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattrd123)
    thankyou but I dont get many minors in my test just very serios majours! lol how frustrating
    lol, that could be a problem, if all else fails, point of to the instructor that there's a flying pig, they divert their eyes, and completely miss your majors :')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattrd123)
    I have been driving about 7 months and am very capable of passing my driving test, my instructor and dad cannot fault me usually when driving, however I have failed 2 tests for the worst reasons, such as I started driving up the wrong side of a dual carriage way on my first test and drove through a red light on my second both of which I have never done before I think my failures are down to nerves. Could anybody offer any advice or suggestions so I dont fail my next test as it is costing me all of my earnings! thankyou
    I nearly failed my test with a red light, I just did an emergency stop infront of the lights basically lol.

Nerves wise, depends, take your dad or instructor with you if you need, might relax you more. If your good at multitasking, talk, it relieves some of your nerves, makes it less tense in the car, since we're all human. If you want, take some water, ask the examiner if you can stop somewhere to have a quick drink to loosen the nerves. Take it slow, I'd rather be slow, get the minors for slowness than run a light or make a bad judgement.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just remind urself that its just like every other time uve been driving. If your usally good at driving you have no reason to be nervous.
    Taking a deep breath when your startin to feel the nerves comin on also helps.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    jack daniels is enjoyed responsibily! 1 shot before your driving test
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    buy some tablets for helping nervousness, or ask the doctor for beta-blockers or whatever else they can prescribe. Make sure if you buy any it is non-drowsy though.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 19, 2009
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.