The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Call them and ask.
Reply 2
CJN
Call them and ask.

But then they might reject me altogether?
Reply 3
But if you don't wanna do that course then an offer is no good to you anyway
Reply 4
Juno
But if you don't wanna do that course then an offer is no good to you anyway

I suppose... but has anyone heard of any Universities doing this though? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
moomin_love
I suppose... but has anyone heard of any Universities doing this though? :s-smilie:

Doing what? Changing the subject? if so, yes. Giving a rejection just for asking to change? No.
Reply 6
Why don't you wait to see if you get an offer, go to the university in sept/oct then ask to change?
Wait for the offer and then phone them up the day they give it to you.
Reply 8
Yes, just phone them. Why would they reject you because of that?

Or just call and ask what their policy is on changing the course you are applying for before you have heard back from them.

Your PS being written for a different course might disadvantage you, but they cant reject you for that
Reply 9
I applied to Leeds for an arts course, got a conditional offer, and then decided I wanted to do a science course instead. I just emailed the admissions tutor and they wanted me to write a paragraph explaining why. I basically emailed them a new miniature personal statement for the science course and they said 'OK, fine' and changed the offer to the science course. It was all pretty easy.

May as well ask them?
Reply 10
On the Ucas website it says that you should phone up the university to change the course, and its totally up to that university if they want to change it.

"If you're happy with the university or college but want to change any of the course details, contact the college or university, not us. If the university or college agrees, they will tell us about the change. If we have already sent you an offer for your original choice, we will change it and the new offer will be displayed in Track."

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/makingchanges
Reply 11
Flotsam
I applied to Leeds for an arts course, got a conditional offer, and then decided I wanted to do a science course instead. I just emailed the admissions tutor and they wanted me to write a paragraph explaining why. I basically emailed them a new miniature personal statement for the science course and they said 'OK, fine' and changed the offer to the science course. It was all pretty easy.

May as well ask them?

Ah, thank you! At least I know someone else who has done exactly the same thing! :smile: this actually makes me feel a bit better about it!
I emailed Sussex to change my course and that was fine, but I was only switching from French and beginners' Spanish to French and German so...
Reply 13
I changed at Sheffield with no problems, they just asked me to send a different personal statement. It was all through E-mail
Reply 14
Louis1991
I changed at Sheffield with no problems, they just asked me to send a different personal statement. It was all through E-mail

Ah, cool. It seems to be ok to do this then considering a few people have done it! This is what I wanted to know really, whether other people had done it :smile: What did you change from and to if you don't mind me asking?

Latest

Trending

Trending