The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fire2burn
Food + Hangover = Epic vomit fest surely? :s-smilie:

:p:

nopeee!!!
food + hangover = compleat cure
(well I never throw up in the mornings though..lucky i guess)

[even though you were not talking to me] :p:
when I feel sick i'll often just stand with my head near a sink and run cold water, really helps. no idea why.
Reply 22
The_Musty_Piglet
lol for someone with something psychology in their sig, thats a piss poor response

It was quite a humanistic response actually.
Reply 23
The_Goose
no no best thing for a hangover is a sausage egg and cheese bagel from mcdonalds (grease) and then some cocacola (not diet) and some salt and vinegar crisps.

dont' ask me why

the bacon roll did it for me but yea i agree
Reply 24
I just find drinking water and keeping cool helps. I don't tend to get really bad ones. Never heard of the water thing before, though. Maybe it's like when you make sushing noises to a baby, it's supposed to calm them down because it reminds them of the womb? Maybe the sound of water reminds us of...well, something anyway.
Reply 25
HaNzY
It was quite a humanistic response actually.

haha i don't even know what the other guy quoted, but find it funny how your referring it to a humanistic response... A psychology student's cop out when someone doesn't fit cognitive or behaviourist models.

Nah but seriously now, humanist approaches are actually credible (basically i'm only joking :P)
I actually crave cold showers/washing my face in cold water when i'm hungover. :confused:
Reply 27
off topic, at first I thought the thread title was running water and hogwarts.
that's a bit odd, i thought.

on topic, (remembering) to drink lots of water is the way forward.
Reply 28
Greasy breakfast + lots of water + multivitamins, then go for a piss + **** + shower + clean teeth and go back to bed = problem solved.
This weekends cure for my hangover was a 9 hour shift!!!! only had one hour sleep as well!
Fail!
Normally i just soak up the water, and take some painkillers :biggrin:
Reply 30
daytona01
haha i don't even know what the other guy quoted, but find it funny how your referring it to a humanistic response... A psychology student's cop out when someone doesn't fit cognitive or behaviourist models.

Nah but seriously now, humanist approaches are actually credible (basically i'm only joking :P)

Lol tbh i don't really care, even though i do psychology, i am a very spiritualistic person and humanism appeals to me in some ways.

Cognitive and behavioural models are only a tiny part of the story, there are many credible models and theories, things can be explained in a variety of ways and what i said was one.
Reply 31
HaNzY
Lol tbh i don't really care, even though i do psychology, i am a very spiritualistic person and humanism appeals to me in some ways.

Cognitive and behavioural models are only a tiny part of the story, there are many credible models and theories, things can be explained in a variety of ways and what i said was one.

the last sentence of my quoted post seems to agree with you :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending