The Student Room Group

How are these courses?

Helloooooooooooo

I have gotten offers from Newcastle, Leeds SOAS and Sheffield

Newcastle: Chinese and Cultural Studies ABB
Leeds: Asia Pacific Studies and Chinese ABB
SOAS: Korean ABB
Sheffield: Korean BBC

My insurance will be Sheffield but I wanted to know how Leeds and Newcastle are on those degrees ^^ I'm not picking SOAS.

At first I was gonna just pick Sheffield but I don't mind which degrees I do because I'm interested in all. What matters most to me is that I'll enjoy the area, the course and the teaching :biggrin: Soooo....:woo:
Reply 1
Well obviously SOAS and Sheffield offer the best courses and teaching for those subjects....

As far as the cities go, well they're all amazing cities, so it's just down to personal preference really!
Reply 2
OhYumMilk
Helloooooooooooo

I have gotten offers from Newcastle, Leeds SOAS and Sheffield

Newcastle: Chinese and Cultural Studies ABB
Leeds: Asia Pacific Studies and Chinese ABB
SOAS: Korean ABB
Sheffield: Korean BBC

My insurance will be Sheffield but I wanted to know how Leeds and Newcastle are on those degrees ^^ I'm not picking SOAS.

At first I was gonna just pick Sheffield but I don't mind which degrees I do because I'm interested in all. What matters most to me is that I'll enjoy the area, the course and the teaching :biggrin: Soooo....:woo:

I'd say SOAS, but there's not much between all of them.

Which do you prefer Korean or Chinese Studies? And which university do you prefer?
I was going to do chinese at Newcastle and thought that the course there looked amazing.

The thing that put me off Leeds was doing a second year abroad instead of a third year as i was worried about my level (starting from scratch) and it not being good enough after just one year.

I would personally go for Newcastle as i absolutely loved the place, the teaching and the content. The chinese modules they offered were a lot wider than Leeds which seemed to focus more on contemporary china and business. That may be something to think about with regards to your interests etc.
Reply 4
Yah that's what I also thought. Really it was a feud between leeds and Newcastle. My sister said many of her friends and friends of friends loved it in Newcastle.

I think I'll just make it my first choice. I read somewhere it focuses more on sociology and anthropology in Newcastle which is my biggest interest!!

It's settled. Thanks kukukuku. Sheffield is my insurance since it's the lowest grade band.

Latest

Trending

Trending