The Student Room Group

I'm on a deferred entry but want to change my university choice urgently

Hi I'm currently on a gap year having accepted and deferred a place at a University, however having spent a lot of time thinking about it I think I have chosen the wrong University as it is campus based and in the middle of no where, I want to go to a city University. Also the course at the University I would prefer to go to is more practical which is what I want. What can I do??? Please help me I'm so stuck.
:s-smilie: :confused:
Reply 1
reapply? you still have time
Reply 2
SiaSiaSia
reapply? you still have time

Yeah, great advice - considering you can't reapply whilst holding a deferred offer.

you need to contact the University, and ask them to release you. if they agree (and they don't have to) they will then contact UCAS and sort it out.
Reply 3
Juno
Yeah, great advice - considering you can't reapply whilst holding a deferred offer.

Yes, I know
When I said "reapply", I didn't think I needed to state that they needed to withdraw from the university, I presumed that was obvious
Reply 4
you still have a bit of time to rejig last year's application to apply during this year's cycle. if you don't want to go to your deferred choice, pull out.
Reply 5
Rositamay
Hi I'm currently on a gap year having accepted and deferred a place at a University, however having spent a lot of time thinking about it I think I have chosen the wrong University as it is campus based and in the middle of no where, I want to go to a city University. Also the course at the University I would prefer to go to is more practical which is what I want. What can I do??? Please help me I'm so stuck.
:s-smilie:
While you could negotiate your release from your current university, there are no guarantees that the new one you have in mind will accept you. It's perfectly possible that they won't. Therefore, you need to consider whether you would be content with somewhere else altogether, before cancelling what you already have.

Latest

Trending

Trending