Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
JChoudhry
My english teacher... :eek:
What day are they then? :confused:

I know my stuff...

OCR Mechanics 1 is on 25th Jan.

OCR Statistics 1 is on 27th Jan.

You must have misread as OCR (MEI) Statistics 1 is on 25th Jan.

I may aswel work for OCR, I know their admin off by heart. :cool:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_20041_admin_gce_fsmq_pl_l3_cert_exam_timetable_jan_2010.pdf
Reply 21
someperson
just make sure you do well enough in these january A level ones...so you dont add to your exams in the summer:h:

:no:not lucky...it means i have 10 in the summer:emo:

Yeah but you get a lot of time to prepare and a lot of time to ask for my help/guidance. :h:

:p:
*MJ*
I know my stuff...

OCR Mechanics 1 is on 25th Jan.

OCR Statistics 1 is on 27th Jan.

You must have misread as OCR (MEI) Statistics 1 is on 25th Jan.

I may aswel work for OCR, I know their admin off by heart. :cool:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_20041_admin_gce_fsmq_pl_l3_cert_exam_timetable_jan_2010.pdf

haha, even better for me, though I've given up on S1 (I haven't even started S1 let alone revision) so that is why I'm aiming to get 100% for C1,C2,C3 and M1 so that when it averages out with my terrible score in S1, it will still be good XD
So where can I get those soloman papers from?

I managed to get 48/72 in a paper without any help for C3 which I just did in an hour becuase I kind of got occupied after for a bit lool
Reply 23
JChoudhry
haha, even better for me, though I've given up on S1 (I haven't even started S1 let alone revision) so that is why I'm aiming to get 100% for C1,C2,C3 and M1 so that when it averages out with my terrible score in S1, it will still be good XD
So where can I get those soloman papers from?

I managed to get 48/72 in a paper without any help for C3 which I just did in an hour becuase I kind of got occupied after for a bit lool

That's not bad.

Can be improved.

Don't leave S1.

Trust me.

Do not ever do this.

DON'T!!!

Even if you get 65 C and 90's, it's better than 100, 100, 100, 100, U.

Do something for S1.

Ask me and sp for help. :woo:
*MJ*
That's not bad.

Can be improved.

Don't leave S1.

Trust me.

Do not ever do this.

DON'T!!!

Even if you get 65 C and 90's, it's better than 100, 100, 100, 100, U.

Do something for S1.

Ask me and sp for help. :woo:

Thing is, I will only have three weeks or so to learn all of the content in S1 and I flippin hate stats and in two weeks I only have 12 hours of maths lessons, atleast 3 of which I will be missing due to exams.

But assuming I get 100 for four of them and at worst 0 for S1, that's a 400/500 and I only need 80 in C4 to get the A*.
Reply 25
JChoudhry
Thing is, I will only have three weeks or so to learn all of the content in S1 and I flippin hate stats and in two weeks I only have 12 hours of maths lessons, atleast 3 of which I will be missing due to exams.

But assuming I get 100 for four of them and at worst 0 for S1, that's a 400/500 and I only need 80 in C4 to get the A*.

Trust me don't do it.

There is a very high chance you will not get 100 on all 4 papers, no offence.

Nothing against you, it just happens in exam pressure.

My dream was always to get 100 in C1 and C2; I ended up with 94 and 93.

Just something you have to accept. :dontknow:

Also, now you have time and the exams are on different days, go for it!!!

:smile:
*MJ*
Yeah but you get a lot of time to prepare and a lot of time to ask for my help/guidance. :h:

:p:

lol that's true:h: be prepared...i will probably ask for your help a lot:p:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_08_jan/ocr_18630_pp_08_jan_l_gce.pdf

4ii.
Isn't it dx/dy= 1/(dy/dx)?
I did that but I didn't get the answer...
*thinks about the exam and cries*
Ok...

Question 6 and 7iii !!!
Urgent help needed for this one because I tried another past paper and these are the only questions I got wrong.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_08_jun/ocr_30881_pp_08_jun_l_gce_4723.pdf

Please help!!
Reply 30
JChoudhry
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_08_jan/ocr_18630_pp_08_jan_l_gce.pdf

4ii.
Isn't it dx/dy= 1/(dy/dx)?
I did that but I didn't get the answer...

What?

This is connected rates of change.

Form an equation e.g. dV/dh = dV / dt x dt / dh
Cool, got this now. Where can I get soloman c3 papers?
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/pp_09_jan/ocr_34767_pp_09_jan_l_gce_4723_01.pdf

Question 9!!! Urgently need help on this one as well. I am actually doing really well on C3 except for one or two questions which are the really difficult ones.
Both problems are sorted now :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
and I just did a solomon C3 paper and got a 70/72 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 34
JChoudhry
Both problems are sorted now :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
and I just did a solomon C3 paper and got a 70/72 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wow, nice.

What paper was this?

*MJ*
Wow, nice.

What paper was this?

I forgot :wink: But it was any from A-D because those are the ones I have done :rolleyes:
Reply 36
someperson
and d1 with s2
and m1 with biol4
:emo:

I have the C4/FP1 and D1/S2 (because I know I'll have to resit it :frown: from this Jan) clashes.

I'm taking C3 in 3 weeks as well, so have to do well to try and remove another possible clash!
Reply 37
Sorry if this thread has already started, but couldn't find it anywhere.

How is everyone finding it before the exam? Any last minute tips?
I hope is a nice paper!
Reply 38
Last minute tips: From me, I'd say don't compeltely forget about rates of changes chain rule section like I did, and only found out it existed yesterday. Get familiar with drawing graphs so you've always got a graphical fall back on inequalities questions, and RTFQ.

I've got the same exam =) It'd also be worth just looking through the syllabus to see if there are any identities you don't know, or any topics you have inconveniently overlooked in your revision!
Reply 39
Sbunce
Last minute tips: From me, I'd say don't compeltely forget about rates of changes chain rule section like I did, and only found out it existed yesterday. Get familiar with drawing graphs so you've always got a graphical fall back on inequalities questions, and RTFQ.

I've got the same exam =) It'd also be worth just looking through the syllabus to see if there are any identities you don't know, or any topics you have inconveniently overlooked in your revision!

Thank you, damn -chain rule...

Btw you know we always get trig identities questions, that you have to find different degrees,(could be sin, cos and tan). How do you find all the possible answers for each trig? Sorry, might be confusing, difficult to explain.

I know for sin ,180-
cos- 360-
tan- 180+
But they are not always right?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending