The Student Room Group

OCR Core 3 (Not MEI) - Wednesday 20th January PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I ALWAYS draw a graph. Then i can see at the exact points for certain values of x, the values of y and vice versa. Also, remember, if your equation simplifies down to sinx=y, then (sin^-1)y=x. However, if it simplifies down to sin2x or something, draw the graph of sin 2x between the values given BEFORE you try and work out what the values of x could be. Also, if it's sin(x-45) type thing, know that you must find all the points for (x-45) and not, as i have mistakenly done in the past, worked out the first value for (x-45) and then mirrored it onto the other points on the graph. That is probably the most shocking piece of explaination I have ever done. But yeah, graphs graphs graphs. You can't miss points if you have it drawn in front of you.
Reply 41
Thank you
Reply 42
Urgh, I've got this exam too. I have to say I'm finding it really tough, but I've found the entire A-level so far difficult - I seem to pull it out of the bag during the exam, but I can't exactly rely on that... also, it seems that I've been taught the topics VERY differently or something - what on earth is this sin 180- business?
Reply 43
Really not looking forward to this, but I did get an A in the mock (we did the June 2009 paper) so I will hopeuflly be OK. Just depends on how good the paper is. Anybody know the trends of the last few papers? ie are we due a tough one, or (hopefully) have the past 1 or 2 been particularly tough and therefore we're due an easy one? :biggrin:
Reply 44
I Want 100!% Any Tips?:tongue:
MCYan
I Want 100!% Any Tips?:tongue:

Get all of the answers correct
Reply 46
I have this.

I can do everything apart from rates of change and stuff. I also make a meal of it..
Reply 47
Hi,

does anyone know whether they are likely to ask questions on proofs by counterexamples????

thanks.
Reply 48
Hopefully it should be pretty straight forward after doing C4 last friday.
Reply 49
mrdude
Really not looking forward to this, but I did get an A in the mock (we did the June 2009 paper) so I will hopeuflly be OK. Just depends on how good the paper is. Anybody know the trends of the last few papers? ie are we due a tough one, or (hopefully) have the past 1 or 2 been particularly tough and therefore we're due an easy one? :biggrin:

My teacher said that last Junes paper was a pretty tough paper, so hopefully it might be a bit easier now :P? We can hope, all the OCR maths papers seem to be getting harder and harder each year though because of the way they're starting to word things.
Reply 50
J.B.P
Hi,

does anyone know whether they are likely to ask questions on proofs by counterexamples????

thanks.

They shall not.
Reply 52
Josh-H
My teacher said that last Junes paper was a pretty tough paper, so hopefully it might be a bit easier now :P? We can hope, all the OCR maths papers seem to be getting harder and harder each year though because of the way they're starting to word things.

Hopefully! Yeah last june was REALLY hard!
I haven't seen last June's, but I agree all the papers have got much harder. Even if the Maths isn't harder, the questions seem more wordy now. I like questions like 'Integrate this...' not 'Given X and Y, deduce Z'.

I also want 100% :biggrin:
Reply 54
korobeiniki
Get all of the answers correct

lol. and if you need that kind of advice, you probably wont get 100%. :P

nah, jokes, im sure you'll be fine, just relax in the exam, keep calm and focused.
Reply 55
Josh-H

Well I did the June '09 as a mock and got an A, so hopefully tomorrow should be OK :smile:
Reply 56
I am going to fail :frown:
Reply 57
has anyone got a website with june 2009 (preferably with a mark scheme) ive done all exams about 8 times (I have no life) but can not find that one to save my life. would appreciate a last minute test to make sure i know enough
Thanks
Reply 58
the owl
has anyone got a website with june 2009 (preferably with a mark scheme) ive done all exams about 8 times (I have no life) but can not find that one to save my life. would appreciate a last minute test to make sure i know enough
Thanks

Yeah im in a similar situation - but iv already got the paper - just not the mark scheme! if any one has the mark scheme please post! thanks!!
Reply 59
Ammar21
Yeah im in a similar situation - but iv already got the paper - just not the mark scheme! if any one has the mark scheme please post! thanks!!

When you say you have the paper do u have it online? or on paper...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending