The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wat about the cost dude! id have difficulty feeding my self 3 times a day if i joined so many clubs and societies- u do have to pay, may it be a small amount; it all adds up- ne way an engaging post:smile:
Reply 41
Yup, you pretty much summarised why I want to go to an university I liked. If I wanted such a degree and JUST to be a Psychologist, I would have gone to one of the London universities I could have gone to last year. This pretty much summed up the reason for my gap year. To make the most of University and learn much more than just Psychology, I felt Nottingham was the place I wanted to be.

BTW, I LOVE how you mentioned the Caveman outfit a ridiculous number of times XD haha, sounds epic.
Reply 42
Ashir Hasan
wat about the cost dude! id have difficulty feeding my self 3 times a day if i joined so many clubs and societies- u do have to pay, may it be a small amount; it all adds up- ne way an engaging post:smile:

Essentially it depends what you do. If, perhaps, you get a part-time job and organise your funds well then you wouldn't ever have difficulty. Plus a bunch of them cost little to nothing - it just depends which ones you do. Sports, for instance, costs. However if you did charity work or something, it does not.
Nicely put. Better than the typical TSR cynics complaining about having no friends. I think you may have influenced the whole forum here.

I'd aready planned to do what you do - just get out there and have fun (and probably end up skateboarding/scootering through the apartment) rather than sitting in my room reading (although 2/3 of my course include this) but what you have said and proven has just made me more excited to go even if UEL is pretty much in the middle of nowhere without any transport.
Reply 44
As someone going to Nottingham - this is great!

All work and no play is no way to live a life.

Your life at uni is what you make it
Reply 45
its nice to hear something positive for a change :smile:
Reply 46
ChemistBoy
To be fair that's just the difference between living in a smaller village/town versus a big city - nothing to do with university. Nottingham is a reasonably big city and it has lots of things to do - student or not. If you want the benefits of living in a city then you move there.

LOL How could you possibly have made that many posts really LoL
I will definitely keep this in mind when I start uni later this year.

Latest

Trending

Trending