The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ant24
Think about all the work you have to do and get yourself S*** scared. Then do some.

OR

do a past paper to see how much you dont know - motivates you to do what you need to.

OR

read note to see how much you can remember - transfer key facts into revision pages.

JUST DONT leave it too late, not do enough work now, and totally set urself up for a melt down next year.

best advice :smile:
SittingOnTheDockOfTheBay
I was thinking of getting a tutor for maths but they charge a fortune! :mad:

I'll take AH Chemistry next year if I don't get into uni this year, it is fun yes? :biggrin:

Spoiler

Yup, interesting course actually.

Kinda worried about the investigation though. I should also be worried about the prelim since I've put in very little work. :p:
SittingOnTheDockOfTheBay
Prelims... don't remind me. Physics needs some work as well as Maths. :s-smilie:

(I'm assuming) Is taking three Advanced Highers difficult in comparison to five Highers?

Will you be studying over the Christmas holidays? I will, but I have to go into school tomorrow and Tuesday, so less studying.

Not really tbh. I'd say that it's slightly less, but 4 Advanced Highers would probably be a greater work load. Chemistry isn't easy though.

Having said that I'll now do really badly in the prelims.:o:

I will do a little, though probably not too much.

Edit: Physics is the one subject I regret not doing. I considered crashing it this year but couldn't be bothered. :p:
SittingOnTheDockOfTheBay
Well, you have some unconditionals (:stomp:) anyway. How long did it take for them to reply?

My prelim results were terrible last year, but my actual results were quite different. :smile:

Lots of people in my school are crashing Physics this year. Chemistry your hardest subject? Bonjour!

Glasgow - 5 days
Strathclyde - ~ 2 and a half weeks
Reply 24
namedeprived

Spoiler

We're doing Organic Chemistry next in AH, though i've forgotten quite a lot of stuff from Unit 2 in Higher. :o:

I like organic chemistry, but apparently the way the SQA have done it is all wrong and if you ever do chemistry at uni they teach it totally different :s-smilie:

I'm much more of a theoretical/experimental/inorganic chemist. I still luv organic chem tho :P

I think I'll leave the prelimage until January :biggrin:
Reply 25
Personally, study plans just aren't for me. I've made them up in the past but I usually only stick to them for about an hour and get bored.
I usually tend to just do homework during holidays, and for prelims (and exams, tbh! :p:) cram the night before. But I don't advise it.
I still think it's too early to start studying for prelims, though.

I'm aware this post is completely useless :p:
Reply 26
bex285
Personally, study plans just aren't for me. I've made them up in the past but I usually only stick to them for about an hour and get bored.
I usually tend to just do homework during holidays, and for prelims (and exams, tbh! :p:) cram the night before. But I don't advise it.
I still think it's too early to start studying for prelims, though.

I'm aware this post is completely useless :p:

This. I normally find "Ok, I'll study the first half of Maths Unit 1, learn some psychology and do some chemistry past papers" at the start of the day helps :yes:
Meh, I got given some homework for over the holidays from a couple of subjects which I'll do in the second week of the holidays and I'll probably try to do some English stuff - personal study stuff and critical essay plans probably, maybe some close reading.

Latest

Trending

Trending