The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
steffi.alexa
I kinda agree and disagree with this - I hate maths, which is why I agree, it's a chore doing it. However, past papers and a load of questions from the book and yet more past papers and you're sorted. You can't do that to the same extent with bio (don't know about the other two). You have to employ other revision techniques for that.

But then, it depends on how you learn best etc and where your natural abilities lie - I know people who get bloody amazing results in maths, but if I were to give them a history/biology paper, they wouldn't do so well, they're naturally very good at maths.

Come on you have to admit, all you need to do for biology is know the different terms and processes, and regurgitating in the exam. And trust me, even the excellent students have to work hours and hours on maths and FM. I personally did History as one of my subjects, and it's a matter of knowing the core material, doing supplementary reading and practicing the examination technique. Far less work is required for history than for maths/physics.
RBarack
Come on you have to admit, all you need to do for biology is know the different terms and processes, and regurgitating in the exam. And trust me, even the excellent students have to work hours and hours on maths and FM. I personally did History as one of my subjects, and it's a matter of knowing the core material, doing supplementary reading and practicing the examination technique. Far less work is required for history than for maths/physics.

As I said, it all depends on where your strengths lie. I'm lucky that I have a revision technique that works for me for biology, otherwise I'd be getting Us. Everyone has to work for hours and hours to get good grades, unless they are insanely intelligent and can remember everything the moment they're told it.
sophyy
they're not his actual academics or uni choices! :rolleyes:

Ahh, I fail at life :frown:
i am so pleased to read all these replies....ahhhhhhh i thought i am the only one struggling with revision
Reply 64
what an awesome procrastination thread--
I have an S1 exam in Jan and am soooo p****d at myself--wasted a whole "study week" on msn and fb:frown:(
Planning to start working now--have too many people to prove wrong..Im not THAT much of a waste of space:biggrin:
sk:n
what an awesome procrastination thread--
I have an S1 exam in Jan and am soooo p****d at myself--wasted a whole "study week" on msn and fb:frown:(
Planning to start working now--have too many people to prove wrong..Im not THAT much of a waste of space:biggrin:

If you want a real procrastination thread, head over to the 'Build Up To The Jan Exams' thread... I think most people on TSR ATM are procrastinating (it's not exactly rocket science haha).

To everyone procrastinating: Revise or you WILL REGRET IT. :work: This is mainly to myself.
Reply 66
steffi.alexa
If you want a real procrastination thread, head over to the 'Build Up To The Jan Exams' thread... I think most people on TSR ATM are procrastinating (it's not exactly rocket science haha).

To everyone procrastinating: Revise or you WILL REGRET IT. :work: This is mainly to myself.

hahaha--loving the likkle dude and all his work..reminds me of someone..mm--who could it be:p:
no..Im going to steer clear of all the evils for two weeks..maybe..maybe another hour won't hurt:biggrin:
Nashy19
I don't know what date your exams are on but you've still got about a week per subject. That's loads of time if you want to use it.

its not for biology revision, trust me.

not for last years syllabus anyway.

Latest