The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They'll find out you've done resits because you have to declare them on your SAQ form (an online form for Cambridge that you do after you've submitted your UCAS). They shouldn't mind, provided that (a) you've not done loads of resits; and (b) the marks for the papers you resit go up significantly. So if you resat a 68% that went up to 88% it'd be fine, but if you resat 76% which went up to 79% it'd be a bit bad.
Reply 2
nuodai
They'll find out you've done resits because you have to declare them on your SAQ form (an online form for Cambridge that you do after you've submitted your UCAS). They shouldn't mind, provided that (a) you've not done loads of resits; and (b) the marks for the papers you resit go up significantly. So if you resat a 68% that went up to 88% it'd be fine, but if you resat 76% which went up to 79% it'd be a bit bad.

yeh but how do they know theyr resits? if ive already resat them and got the marks up etc.
Reply 3
Zhang1
yeh but how do they know theyr resits? if ive already resat them and got the marks up etc.

Because on the SAQ form you put in every exam you took or are going to take, when you took or will take them, whether or not you resat them or intend to resit them, and the UMS mark you got in them (or blank if you've not taken the exam yet).
No they wont, the SAQ only asks if you are retaking units. If you have done so, achieved new grades and cashed them in before applying then i don't see how they would.

Could be wrong, or may have misunderstood you
Reply 5
paddy__power
No they wont, the SAQ only asks if you are retaking units. If you have done so, achieved new grades and cashed them in before applying then i don't see how they would.

Could be wrong, or may have misunderstood you

yeh well basically my school doesnt certificates till the end of y13 and since ill be applying in my gap year, so im thinking if ive resat and got all my ums up by that time it wont make a difference? am i right in thinking that?
Zhang1
yeh well basically my school doesnt certificates till the end of y13 and since ill be applying in my gap year, so im thinking if ive resat and got all my ums up by that time it wont make a difference? am i right in thinking that?

I think so, but I have no idea whether Cam have a way of finding out or not.

Ultimately don't do any retake suless you have to and ensure you get very good scores in them so that, even if it turns out they do know, you can show you were capable of doing much better.

Someone may come along soon and correct me, but I'm fairly certain in what I have said anyway.

Good luck.
Reply 7
paddy__power
I think so, but I have no idea whether Cam have a way of finding out or not.

Ultimately don't do any retake suless you have to and ensure you get very good scores in them so that, even if it turns out they do know, you can show you were capable of doing much better.

Someone may come along soon and correct me, but I'm fairly certain in what I have said anyway.

Good luck.

cheers mate, yeh i cant imagine them snooping around trying to find out. plus yeh if i do much better it kinda negates the retake in the first place

Latest

Trending

Trending