Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR LAW: SPECIAL STUDY PAPER - Non Fatal Offences Against the Person - January Exam

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Ughh will deffo be retaking...we can retake this paper in june right?!
    yess, we can! But positivitey! (sp :s) you won't need to

Come on guyyyys two solid days of revision yet! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp12)
    hey whats the quote?
    Most likely it will be source 5 47-49 or 50-51. If Q1 is on Non Fatal Offences, Q2 will be on consent. That quote is source 6 36-38

tbh I dont think I will have enough time to write a decent answer in about half an hr
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danman0704)
    Most likely it will be source 5 47-49 or 50-51. If Q1 is on Non Fatal Offences, Q2 will be on consent. That quote is source 6 36-38

tbh I dont think I will have enough time to write a decent answer in about half an hr

i reckon it might be the other way round, consent q1 and offences q2.
    i think spend about 15 mins on q1
    scenarios - 15 mins
    and then a whole hour on the essay.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    tommorow guys! all ready? :d
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can remember all the cases for consent, i just cant remember them for OAPA section, this should be fun!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irish_4_life)
    yess, we can! But positivitey! (sp :s) you won't need to

Come on guyyyys two solid days of revision yet! x
    haha I know your right i should stay positive. We can do this! wooo :p:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to revise but i just cant bring myself the open the textbook :erm:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What is everyones bets then for tomorrow, i guess question 1 is consent, question 2 is OAPA!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how did you all find it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :d
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did awesome. The scenarios... were odd. Like not what we practised at all! I assumed there'd be some consent in them?! Or am I being dense and there was? =/ I kinda edged consent into the first, by saying crap about sexual gratification in hitting her. Yeahh...

Wilson, hell yeah. Not what I expected but pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to write the whole of effin' Brown. Or I/B =) And the essay was... good, like exact same quote as my teacher gave us, but the question was slightly different. You didn't have to talk about Assault and Battery really in that essay did you? I figured not, cos it said .47, .20 and .18?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    What is everyones bets then for tomorrow, i guess question 1 is consent, question 2 is OAPA!
    well guessed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draikzer)
    I thought I did awesome. The scenarios... were odd. Like not what we practised at all! I assumed there'd be some consent in them?! Or am I being dense and there was? =/ I kinda edged consent into the first, by saying crap about sexual gratification in hitting her. Yeahh...

Wilson, hell yeah. Not what I expected but pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to write the whole of effin' Brown. Or I/B =) And the essay was... good, like exact same quote as my teacher gave us, but the question was slightly different. You didn't have to talk about Assault and Battery really in that essay did you? I figured not, cos it said .47, .20 and .18?
    i didn't mention battery and consent because it just said the relevant sections
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didnt mention battery or assault either, but I had that exact same question, with answer in my book! glad I had a look at it!

In the 3c, what did everyone charge it as? ABH or GBH?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im confused. I did this today, but mine wasnt on these topics. This is A2 right? Mine was on exclusion clauses.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannanB)
    I didnt mention battery or assault either, but I had that exact same question, with answer in my book! glad I had a look at it!

In the 3c, what did everyone charge it as? ABH or GBH?
    i said it could be either depending on the seriousness of the psychiatric injury then mentioned relevant cases, e.g. ireland, burstow, chanfook (although it was not allowed in the last 1)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pp12)
    i said it could be either depending on the seriousness of the psychiatric injury then mentioned relevant cases, e.g. ireland, burstow, chanfook (although it was not allowed in the last 1)
    ditto. but because we had to choose, i went with ABH as it would be easier to prove in practical terms in addition to the fact that it wasnt serious physciatric injury, simply phsyciatric injury
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i thought the 1st scenario was dumb and confusing! i said how the woman's consent to being slapped was more "mere submission" opposed to actual consent. also i felt that source 5 that we had to quote from for question 2 mainly was so long and it all practically said the same thing - inflict and cause are the same thing and that its not practical. however even if i feel i have done well, because its a new specification i'm aware that they are trying to make this exam harder so it will be harder to get the marks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i didnt have time to refer to the source at all. our teacher absoloutley avoided em like the plague. I tried to ensure that i referred to stuff from the AS but im hoping for a min C, anything above and ill be really chuffed

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2010
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.