The Student Room Group

6 mark question: "Describe the agency theory by Milgram" 6 marks

Mods: Sorry for posting in the wrong section of the forum but just wanted to say that this is an AS level Psychology related question (not history). I should have mentioned this in the thread's title. Sorry. Would appreciate it if you could read this and move it to the correct place. Thanks :smile:

6 mark question: "Describe the agency theory by Milgram" 6 marks

I would really like to see an answer that would probably get the full marks this question. I'm okay with the other theories but for this one, I understand it but don't really think there's enough detail in the theory for 6 whole marks worth.

So could some please please write up/show me an answer to this question (doesn't need to be long - only around 1 or 2 paragraphs I think) to which covers 6 marks.

Not homework/coursework/anything like that. Just for revision purposes since our teacher didn't really teach this theory well and the textbook has masses of information and it seems hard to pick out 6 relevant concise points to get full marks on this question.

Will give positive rep :smile:
Thank you.

Btw, please don't just tell me about the theory since I have an understanding for the theory, just would like 6 points to use on this question.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Of course it isn't your homework :wink:
Reply 2
ma2k5
Of course it isn't your homework :wink:

THIS IS NOT MY HOMEWORK! What is it with people thinking any Psychology question I ask is homework!

If it was homework, I could just write any old thing and be done with it and tell the teacher I tried my best.

I'm only asking for a GOOD answer since it's part of revision and could potentially come up in the exam. If it was homework, I could just write a bad answer myself and just hand it in because it wouldn't count for anything.
Reply 3
anyone? please?
Reply 4
bumppp
Reply 5
Quite simply the question says to 'describe' the theory.
1) depends on social setting
2) One of two states - agentic state and autonomous state
3) agentic - willing to take orders from VALID AUTHORITY FIGURE even if it CAUSES HARM TO AN INNOCENT because we believe that WE WILL NOT BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE should anything come back to us - the valid authority figure would be.
4) autonomous - FREE WILL...willing to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY...

I'm not totally sure about this but you may want to use SODA - Supporting evidence - Opposing evidence - Different explanations (upbringing ect) - Application (train soldiers not to fall into agentic state to prevent things like Abu Ghraib)

See, I had this question but it was only a 4 marker.....I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending