The Student Room Group

Manchester bouncers

I did originally post this as anon but please can you delete it.

On friday night I was in a bar in Manchester and was kicked out for being too drunk and knocking my glass of the table accidentally. It was probably about time I called it a night anyway.

When I got outside I realised my jumper was still inside and I kept saying to the bouncers that I would happily go home but that I just needed my jumper back. I spoke to them several times but they were just saying for me to go home. They generally had quite an aggressive attitude and in the end they lost their patience and one of them started pushing me, then knocked me to the floor with a punch. I should have just gone home and tried to get it the next day but I live quite far away (and had obviously had too much to drink) so I was persistent on telling the bouncers. I wasnt after any trouble and was speaking to them in a decent manner (until they started having a massive go at me and threatening me).

I ended up calling the police at the scene and they checked out the CCTV and took my details. I cant remember what they actually said in the end though.

Does it sound like the bouncers were being out of order at all?

Also, are the police likely to get in touch with me again even though I was speaking to them at the time? I'd prefer they didnt contact me really as I'd rather just forget the situation. It's been a few days and I've heard nothing.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
jamesey86
I did originally post this as anon but please can you delete it.

On friday night I was in a bar in Manchester and was kicked out for being too drunk and knocking my glass of the table accidentally. It was probably about time I called it a night anyway.

When I got outside I realised my jumper was still inside and I kept saying to the bouncers that I would happily go home but that I just needed my jumper back. I spoke to them several times but they were just saying for me to go home. They generally had quite an aggressive attitude and in the end they lost their patience and one of them started pushing me, then knocked me to the floor with a punch. I should have just gone home and tried to get it the next day but I live quite far away (and had obviously had too much to drink) so I was persistent on telling the bouncers. I wasnt after any trouble and was speaking to them in a decent manner (until they started having a massive go at me and threatening me).

I ended up calling the police at the scene and they checked out the CCTV and took my details. I cant remember what they actually said in the end though.

Does it sound like the bouncers were being out of order at all?

Also, are the police likely to get in touch with me again even though I was speaking to them at the time? I'd prefer they didnt contact me really as I'd rather just forget the situation. It's been a few days and I've heard nothing.

To be honest, it is at the point of violence where bouncers stop doing their jobs and become thugs. Their role is to remove people from the club who are likely to cause trouble and be violent etc. Once you have been removed the only thing they are allowed to legally do is to stop you re-entering the building. Any kind of violence by a bouncer is unacceptable and is assault in the eyes of the law.

Good on you for reporting the individual to the police and you should see it through.
Reply 2
Did you get your jumper?
he shouldn't of hit you, hopefully he loses his job. Couldn't you of rang a mate to bring your jumper out to you??
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies. Would I need to ring the police again to do anything about it do you think?

No I couldnt get it back sadly, no-one I was with could find it so Im not sure what happened to it.
Reply 5
I ******* hate mancunian bouncers. Always on some MASSIVE power trip. Only and I mean ONLY the 5th Ave ones are nice.
Reply 6
Bouncers in general are cocksucking *************, be it in Manchester or anywhere else in the country.
Reply 7
Manchester have the worse bouncers I've experienced, had many a scuffle and a slap of them on nights out.
5th av are nice?! What planet are you living on. Had so many arguements in their with them.
42's has the nicest anywhere i've been and never had any problem there :smile: even when I've been absooooooooolutely hammered.
Reply 8
Be careful of the roid rage.
I ******* hate bouncers, they're arrogant pricks. I once got kicked out for no reason (I wasn't even drunk), when I persistently asked why he pushed me over. I got back up and again asked why ( I refrained from calling him a short, bald, ugly fat clunt) and he threatened to get the police. I called his bluff and the police couldn't do anything.
Reply 10
cork bouncers are the worst :frown:
Reply 11
n0c0ntr0l
I ******* hate mancunian bouncers. Always on some MASSIVE power trip. Only and I mean ONLY the 5th Ave ones are nice.

Agreed.

Fifth isn't too bad but in other places, i've seen perfectly sober people trip on a staircase and get literally dragged out the back door and left in the street.
Reply 12
You should definitely chase it up with the police.

I doubt the bouncers in Manchester are any different to bouncers in any other cities. My brother was literally thrown out of a club and then stamped on by a bouncer. The reason being my brother had got in the club after being turned away by him. The bouncer saw him on the dancefloor, pretty much carried him out and bashed him. All because he had actually got in the club.
Reply 13
Hugh-Jackman
You're 18 and you've had many fights with bouncers???? STOP CHATTING SH*T!

Did I say fight?
by scuffle i was meaning like a force/push/over the top bouncering. Don't needa get all over the top :p:
And whats age got to do with anything? Most of my problems were at 17 when using fake ID's xD

Oh and opus bouncers are the worse with their ******* backroom bit where they sometimes drag people. As is 5th av with that side entrance that they sometimes drag people in. I only hope to get kicked out through a back exit and not a good beating xD
Bouncers are the same everywhere. Crucially, however, you do have to remember that, to that bouncer, you're just another face. There are so many drunk students in Manchester, he's ******* sick of seeing them - that doesn't excuse his behaviour nevertheless.
Hugh-Jackman
You're 18 and you've had many fights with bouncers???? STOP CHATTING SH*T!

You can get into clubs before you are 18 though:

a) Under 18 nights
b) Illegally
Scottish_Klams
You can get into clubs before you are 18 though:

a) Under 18 nights
b) Illegally

Yeah I know. that gives him a year. Not many lads get in when 16 especially someone like that ste who doesn't look old for his age. Lets be serious now, he's had his ID checked a few times, they've said to him 'yeah over 21's' because they don't want someone that looks like a young dickhead in there and while 20yds away he's shouted 'baldy'. Hardly counts as a scuffle.
Reply 17
Hugh-Jackman
Yeah I know. that gives him a year. Not many lads get in when 16 especially someone like that ste who doesn't look old for his age. Lets be serious now, he's had his ID checked a few times, they've said to him 'yeah over 21's' because they don't want someone that looks like a young dickhead in there and while 20yds away he's shouted 'baldy'. Hardly counts as a scuffle.

You were there? Shouldda said hi to me :frown:
So you were kicked out for being too drunk, then you called the police and you can't remember what they said.

Good luck with this prosecution I'm sure it will result in a conviction.
ste0731
You were there? Shouldda said hi to me :frown:

I was in the dumpster, I'd just fought 6 bouncers and one had blind sited me with a knuckle duster and they put me in there after. I wanted to say 'hi' but I was choking on my teeth.

Latest

Trending

Trending