The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you doing AQA(A)?

You seem to be doing everything fine. I would suggest getting some past papers. They will be on the AQA website.
Reply 2
You Are Kean, i have 5 exams in january and so far... ive done about 30 mins of revision this holiday.
Reply 3
BobtheHob
You Are Kean, i have 5 exams in january and so far... ive done about 30 mins of revision this holiday.

yes, yes I am. Keen to get decent grades so the whole of last year won't have been a complete waste of life.

I hate the AQA website but thanks for the tip off, should have thought of that.
I would also download and read through the sample answers they have on the site too. I found them pretty helpful b/c they give you a rough idea of how you should approach questions to make the most of the marks available.

If you need any help feel free to ask, I'm doing the same board and have the Jan exam too.

Good luck with your revision/Jan exam :smile:
Reply 5
Anyone got any tips for remembering studies?
Reply 6
Sye

I write the name and date on a post it and stick it somewhere specific in my room. method of loci technique?:wink:
Sye

Imagine them. For the Strange Situation, I've come up with a little story about it to help me remember/understand it. Also helped watching a few vids on YT. And my method of memory here is imagery XD!

And as for the names (Van Ijzendoorn >_> What a damn complicated surname) I use chunking or repetition. Apparently learning dates aren't necessary except if it's about historical validity, so I've not bothered with that. Got enough dates to learn in History as it is >_>

Sad Clown
I write the name and date on a post it and stick it somewhere specific in my room. method of loci technique?:wink:

I don't find method of loci very helpful, I tried it and all I remember is the location XD
Reply 8
I have the unit 1 exam for the new specification in jan and im dreading it because its not as if we really have past papers to practise with :eek3: but the book is quite nice so i havent felt the need to buy a revision guide...:wink:

i dont know where to start with this whole revision thing at christmas

i have biology and psychology which are mainly remembering facts

then i have stats and chemistry which are hell... chemistry just makes no sense i just dont get it and stats is too boring ...question take ages and by the time i finish a question i really have no strength left to check my answer or start another question :eek3:
Reply 9
I got Psychology January modules i started revising through my notes, but theres loads to read and alot of case studies i was wondering if anyone knew the exact topics that would come up in the paper??

Thanks
What module and bored are you doing?
Reply 11
AQA Cognitive Psychology:memory,Developmental Psychology: Early social development, Research methods :smile:
Reply 12
Im doing the memory/developmental psy part (resit) in Jan.

Anything could come up though meaning that there's so much to learn :frown:.

I've always found attachment harder though so I'm revising that more atm.

Mindmaps and writing essay answers helps for me.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah im doing alot of pass papers, but dont really understand the AO1 and AO2 part of it
Reply 14
AO1's describing and AO2 is evaluating.

For the essays you'll get half the marks for AO1 and half for AO2 so make sure you've got roughly the same for each :smile:
no, uv got to revise everything. if you do that, and remember it all, uv got an A in the bag. good luck
Reply 16
AQA A
Unit 1: Memory/Developmental/Research Methods

I'm ******** myself because I only have 2 or 3 past papers as the syllabus is different :P
Reply 17
I just made my own notes, a combination of my teachers and my own actually. I highlight bits I haven't learnt already, and I'm going to make another sheet full of facts I need to memorise and get someone to test me on it :biggrin:
Reply 18
Im just doing mind maps and stuff for each essay that could come up. It's harder for the shorter questions though cause you have to know which info to use :/.

Stupid Bowlby :frown:
Reply 19
bleh attachment >.>

Latest

Trending

Trending